VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Niacin

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

I am up this morning cause I am burning all over. I took 1000 mg niacin pill that I am supposed to take every night before I go to bed to help raise my good cholesterol. I wish that there is something more that I could do to get it to go up. I have read that drinking a couple of glasses of red wine would improve it? Exercise is not an option for me at this particular time.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drinks tons of water Pete53 its the only way to put the fire out, drink, drink, not juice, soda----water it will take a while to but wow 1000 is alot..I think the most I ever taken is 4 to 6 hundred.

Pete53, I take 1000mg of fish oil two times a day, morning and nite. The last time I saw my private Dr. my good chrolstrol had gone up and the bad had come down. Its also good for other things. Just take it with a little food. I have no noticable side effects and it can be bought at the grocery store OTC.

Try "SLO NIACIN" polygel controlled release niacin. In other words, it is released slowly into your system. Also, split your daily dosage in half taking it twice a day, instead of just before bedtime. This is what my physician recommended for me, it works. Make sure you get your physician's OK to try this. Good luck!

• In Memoriam

Niacin is probably the best Vitamin that there is. It scares the heck out of most, when they first start it.

You can take Niacinimide in place of Nicin and eliminate the flush stinging.

They do the same thing.

Edited by Stretch