VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Niacin

Rate this topic

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes Itate, I take 1000mg fish oil daily along with crestor. My PCP says it has helped my chlosterol big time. I just hate the big fish oil pills.

Tried the niacin route before. I was taking Lipitor for a number of years, but started to develop severe muscle cramps in hands and legs. Family Doc has taken me off Lipitor. However, when I had my son to see his Endocrinologist (diabetes I), the Endo Doc told me I may want to try Crestor if I can not longer take Lipitor. Does any one out there take Crestor, if so, how is it? Side effects?? Does it do the Job???

Yes, VMO, Crestor and the fish oil have made a big difference in my cholesterol. My PCP tried me on Lipitor too, it did'nt work for me either. I have no side effects with Crestor.

Tried the niacin route before. I was taking Lipitor for a number of years, but started to develop severe muscle cramps in hands and legs. Family Doc has taken me off Lipitor. However, when I had my son to see his Endocrinologist (diabetes I), the Endo Doc told me I may want to try Crestor if I can not longer take Lipitor. Does any one out there take Crestor, if so, how is it? Side effects?? Does it do the Job???

I think all the Lipitor, Crestor, Tricor type drugs can have the side effect of muscle cramps with certain people, but one may work without having that side effect with a particular person where the other does. It wouldn't hurt to try one of the others, Doctors will usually try you on another one if the one you've taken was causing this. I'm not saying this to YOU, but we ALL need to learn that the Doctor is a person just as you are, do not be afraid to TELL them what you think. Some have the big head because of the Degree, you don't have to get nasty with them, but let them know it's YOUR body and you know best about how you feel physically!

Yes, VMO, Crestor and the fish oil have made a big difference in my cholesterol. My PCP tried me on Lipitor too, it did'nt work for me either. I have no side effects with Crestor.

Thanks! I am thinking of giving Crestor a shot if my Doc OK's it.