VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is This For Life?

Rate this question

Question

just wanna ask anyone ,"Is it clausable that these benifits are for ever?" or is it a patch,a temporary fix, I been on IU and SSDI since 2002 VA payed me back to 1998, Is it gonna end? when am I gonna get the C&P? Is that designed to cut you off? CAUSE IT SURE SEEMS LIKE IT TO ME not trying to burst any bubbles but I"am really concerned..you know if they want they can say you can work selling news papers...what is in store around the corner what is the rule thumb? is it posible to never get a C&P? really I'am new to this..the C&P thing seems hostile are they really out to cut us off?

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

If you are on TDIU and are not working then the VA will have a hell of a time taking it away from you. They have to show that you are able to work, and how can they do that if you have not worked in 6 years? Now if you go to work full time then you are in trouble. Are you P&T? How old are you? If you are over 55 there is a slim chance they will even call you in for a new C&P. If you are on SSD and TDIU I would not worry too much.

[ name=avatar' date='Dec 1 2008, 04:39 PM' post='116560]

just wanna ask anyone ,"Is it clausable that these benifits are for ever?" or is it a patch,a temporary fix, I been on IU and SSDI since 2002 VA payed me back to 1998, Is it gonna end?

If VA has granted you IU and paid you for it at 100% since 1998, I seriously doubt they

can reduce this without very good reason -- something like you start working or

fraud is shown to exist.

when am I gonna get the C&P?

You can be scheduled and requested to appear for a re-exam anytime VA request's it.

Is that designed to cut you off? CAUSE IT SURE SEEMS LIKE IT TO ME not trying to burst any bubbles but I"am really concerned..you know if they want they can say you can work selling news papers...what is in store around the corner what is the rule thumb? is it posible to never get a C&P? really I'am new to this..the C&P thing seems hostile are they really out to cut us off?

What has you so worried ?

carlie

• HadIt.com Elder

Lifetime IU is not guaranteed. In order to place a security blanket n the IU, a Vet should pursue a schedular benefit. This can be done over time for as we age, secondary conditions are likely as well as the severity of conditions will usually increase.

J

Edited by jbasser

• HadIt.com Elder

GuaymasJim, Dec 1 2008, 06:51 PM . . . Having said that, an attempt was made last year to reduce my disability compensation to my schedular rating because I did not return the 21-4140 employment questionnaire. I found out by accident that the reduction was going to take place less than a week later. The regs say that I am not required to fill our and return one. I informed them of that fact but they would not acknowledge their own regulations.

Jim, Do you remember the VA Regs you cited for them; I have not been sent a 21-4140 in a couple years, I may print one and FAX it to them, but I would also like to be able to argue (as you did) with law ---wondering if you would post those VA Regs for me??? Thanks Brother, ~Wings

I sent them copies of the regulation. Didn't make a damned bit of difference, so I finally faxed them a filled out copy of the form and no reduction happened.

• HadIt.com Elder

1st a general rule of tumb- if your IU has been in effect over 20 years then you are at home plate, unless it is proven that you gain the benefit criminally. If your IU benefits or any percentage has been in effect less than 20 years, then you can have your benefits adjusted to lower levels if improvement is shown. What are your chances of a proposed reduction? I would say "fair" if you are between 20 to 45 years of age and "Slim" if over 55. In my personal expirence if you have a one condition that u are IU for it raises the likelyhood, but if you have multipal conditions it lowers the likelyhood. Hope that helps.