VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bva, Sending Evidence.

Rate this question

jamescripps2

Question

My claim is before the BVA. How can I send new and material evidence,

(a nexus letter), to the BVA without delaying my claim?

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks Betty and if you send a fax to the VA make sure to call and confirm receipt. I know once I was sending faxes to Oklahoma VARO and the fax did not have any paper for almost a month.

You can also send a fax and a confirming copy by US Mail. Just a suggestion.

• HadIt.com Elder

Ok. I am confused, I was told by the BVA that the AMC is separate from them and when I called the BVA in the past they told me to call the AMC. Of course the 866 is not helpful either. I am waiting on the info from the JRRSC that the AMC said they don't have, and the JRRSC said that they sent on April 10, 2008. I sent a letter to the JRRSC requesting the info, and they informed me that they got my letter and would be sending me a copy of what they sent the AMC. I was not supposed to have a PTSD C&P until they got all my stressors verified, and then I had the C&P and they tell me that they did not verify my stressors. Of course the VA doc thinks I not only have PTSD GAF 45 but I needed Meds. It freaked me out so bad when I read the C&P I went and got help.

• HadIt.com Elder
Thanks Betty and if you send a fax to the VA make sure to call and confirm receipt. I know once I was sending faxes to Oklahoma VARO and the fax did not have any paper for almost a month.

You can also send a fax and a confirming copy by US Mail. Just a suggestion.

Thanks, Pete, yes, by all means call back to one of the ladies if you

take this route.

It sure isn't a bad ideal to let your Senator or Congressman do the

faxing for you.

Senator Warner's office did my faxing for me.

There is some magic when their fax comes through.

It worked for me.

The Best,

Betty

• HadIt.com Elder
Ok. I am confused, I was told by the BVA that the AMC is separate from them and when I called the BVA in the past they told me to call the AMC. Of course the 866 is not helpful either. I am waiting on the info from the JRRSC that the AMC said they don't have, and the JRRSC said that they sent on April 10, 2008. I sent a letter to the JRRSC requesting the info, and they informed me that they got my letter and would be sending me a copy of what they sent the AMC. I was not supposed to have a PTSD C&P until they got all my stressors verified, and then I had the C&P and they tell me that they did not verify my stressors. Of course the VA doc thinks I not only have PTSD GAF 45 but I needed Meds. It freaked me out so bad when I read the C&P I went and got help.

Mike,

You may want to call this telephone number and explain your situation.

Ask to speak to Ms. Moye or Ms Perry.

I like Ms. Moye real well, for she is a very soft spoken and really

cares for the veteran.

The number will take you to Under Secretaries Office and just ask for either one.

1- 202- 273-6763

1- 202-273- 5674

Always,

Betty

• HadIt.com Elder

Mike,

All these wonderful ladies who's name and telephone numbers I have posted were able to get me through the BVA the AMC and back to the BVA Judge with a Service Connection Grant after a Flat Denial from the AMC.

They were my life line.

Always,

Betty