VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Smc Longevity

Rate this topic

Hello All,,,

I guess this is the right spot to ask my question.

As some of you know,,, my claim went through and was approved at the "L" rate. My NOD was submitted and all my doctors and even my service rep felt that things should go through okay for the even higher rate ,,,R2,,,

Anyhow,,, I am already 100% permanent. Will they take away that L rate or even the R2 if I am granted the R2?

I mean,, I admit I take about 25 pills a day AND have I.V. infusions every 2 to 3 months. I was just wondering,,, is it likely they will take it away?

Tayo

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Pete53

When I calculated the amount,,, it was a lot of money. No harm no foul though,,, majority of it will go to the help that is needed. So, I guess that is why the amount is so high. Home care is really expensive!!! The VA has granted Home Health Aide for 3 days a week (3 hours a day). That gives respite for my family. So, all in all, I am thankful for all the VA compensation help.

Tayo

• HadIt.com Elder

Tayo:

If you have Medicare they may have a program that can help you also. I just enrolled in a Medicare Advantage and when I need care I can stay at Home and they will pay anyone who is certified 120 a day to help me. This would include any relative who takes a certification program.

• 9 months later...
  • HadIt.com Elder
Pete, I just came across this message from you can you tell me more about the advantage paying 120.00 a day. I have medicare advantage and I have paid out of my pocket for help.

Its a Medicare Advantage Plan with a high deductible but good benefits if I want to stay in my hope and not a nursing home. VA will pay for Nursing home but has to be something they approve.

I am pretty sure that I could make it at home with that benefit over a nursing home.