VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dic ?

hurryupnwait

Question

• Answers 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I just found this on the VA web site.

It appears that the VA may have changed the DIC period to 8 years instead of 10 years.

DIC pay rates

another pay rate

as of 12/1/2008. Both have an eight year time period.

Any comments

OOPPPss my mistake, after reading it again, the time frame for basic rate DIC is 10 years with additional allowances for 8 years.

Paul

Edited by hurryupnwait

• HadIt.com Elder

A lot of people run into the same question but I think the 10 year deal is a threshold that many Veterans are happy to make.

DV,

HUH?

Please send a weblink for what you wrote - I was unable to find a "spouse" link on the VA website so am unclear what you mean by:

"I have checked,the veterans web page,and come up with a 5 year,If the veteran had been collecting benifits 5 years before death,thers a 3 factors,a spouse must meet, go to benifits,on va web page,push spouce,once opened,the information Is listed, I may be reading this wrong,however It doesn,t hurt to look for yourself "

Thanks,

TS Snave

Guys -there is so much to DIC benefits-(like everything else with VA -it gets very involved- and is truly a case by case situation-)

that-as soon as I feel better -I sure will prepare a topic to try to consolidate the info I have and put it under the DIC forum-

Men and women- I just spent the night sleeping with about 100 veterans-boy I am tired!

:rolleyes:

(I was admitted to the VAMC with a severe bacterial infection- dont know where it came from and the antibiotics are making me feel worse that the infection did -all in all I was in very good health-better than I thought- and as soon as I feel "normal" again-I will prepare a DIC post that tries to cover all of the nuances of DIC-)

Then again I have not been "normal' since I got into the world of the VA claims process-

so I dont know what I mean there-

but I got GREAT care from the local VAMC and learned that they not only won the Super Housekeeping award again (they are the cleanest VAMC in the USA) but the SOARS Cleanliness award was the highest amount of points they ever got.They are quite proud of that!

The VA in Bath is just beautiful-

a former Civil War farm hospital-steeped in history and full of visible sacrifice-

the food was delicious too-and I felt close to my husband who not only worked there but also is buried there so it was nice to sleep close to him again.

Good news too- they nw ave a color guard arrangement via the VA facility-

I need to call the VA and get more info on that and share this with you all-

if I had not written my husband's obit myself (then again undertakers should list their awards etc too) Rod would not have gotten the military burial at all-

when the AL saw the obit in the paper that is what triggered the Color Guard etc-

VA never got involved with that before -but how would a family know what to do?

will let you all know- what info I get and I need to find and post more info on having a Death file-

I actually made sure mine was in order the other day in case I croaked at the VA-I even cancelled a big grocery order-

but the VA said I cannot expect to croak for some time-so I guess I better buy some more food and toilet paper-I didnt want to be stuck with a lot of food and stuff I dont need if I died.

:blink:

Berta,

Thanks for the big smile this morning!! So, you don't want a bunch of tp laying around if you aren't going to use it? At least you are practical in the face of pending death!! Please get better and thanks for the positive report about the VA healthcare you recieved.

Take care of yourself,

TS Snave