VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bashit 3

Rate this question

hotcoffee2

Question

check your hadit posts----caveat emptor In a message dated 12/4/2008 10:25:34 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, drbash@doctor.com writes:

1. records in the mail

2. dr B

----- Original Message -----

To: drbash@doctor.com

Subject: Re: DR B>>>>> records and paperwork

Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 10:06:13 EST

my deadline is dec 27 its a saturday. you agreed to take me on as a patient. you cited my inability to pay as a reason for shelving my case. you describe in an email a need to attend to to CEOs and Birds to make over me. now it is the dying. i have a valid case. i cannot walk without fear of falling and addition of the damaged left leg to the right with a congenital defect has caused increased pain. i feel i have been abandoned and it is not right to demand a patient to write their own case.

patti

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i had to do the write-up of my own IME case. i took exception to this. i am his patient. he has had the records since beginning of november and I have to write up case. sorry bash...unethical.

Edited by hotcoffee2
  • Answers 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Ask Tbird

i already did. i think you are infringing on my right to free speech. bashing dr. bash so to speak is done primarily because he abandoned me which i against the law in most states. i am left without a backup with slightly more than 12 days to respond to the RO. do you know what defamation is? hardly meets the criteria. and please direct me to the disrepect of the moderator (which is obviously you) in the code of behavior in the rules of the forum. thank you for your attention to this matter

• HadIt.com Elder
Please post the law that you are referencing.

AMA’s Code of Medical Ethics

http://www.ama-assn.org/

Many ethicists have emphasized the obligation of fidelity that is owed whenever the physician establishes a relationship with the patient. One important manifestation of this obligation of fidelity is the ethical obligation not to abandon a patient, which would undermine physicians’ trustworthiness. CEJA Opinion 8.115, “Termination of the Physician-Patient Relationship” embodies this obligation to ensure continuity of care. Viewed from a different perspective, medicine is an act of “profession” whereby physicians promise to use their knowledge to help and to heal. The patient-physician relationship is held to high standards of conduct, as embodied in the Code of Medical Ethics. This characterization of the patient-physician relationship differs significantly from the contractual view of the relationship in which patients seek care and physicians provide it. Ethically, it would be insufficient to view health care as an ordinary service and to allow care that patients request from physicians to be governed by the maxim “let the buyer beware.”

Physicians’ self-interest that may conflict with the interests of patients is addressed in unambiguous terms in Opinion 8.03, “Conflicts of Interest: Guidelines,” which states that “Under no circumstances may physicians place their own financial interests above the welfare of their patients (…) If a conflict develops between the physician's financial interest and the physician's responsibilities to the patient, the conflict must be resolved to the patient's benefit.”

• HadIt.com Elder

x

x

x

AMA Code of Medical Ethics

http://www.ama-assn.org/ama/pub/category/2498.html

The Council on Ethical and Judicial Affairs (CEJA) maintains and updates the AMA's Code of Medical Ethics. First developed in 1847, the Code undergoes regular revisions and is the most comprehensive ethics guide for physicians. The current opinions of the Code can be found in Policy Finder.

Principles of medical ethics

The nine principles are standards of conduct which define the essentials of honorable behavior for the physician and are the basis for the opinions that make up the Code.

Current opinions

A link to AMA PolicyFinder, which contains opinions written by the Council on Ethical and Judicial Affairs.

CEJA reports

CEJA develops ethics policy for the AMA and prepares reports that analyze and address timely ethical issues that confront physicians and the medical profession.

History of AMA ethics

Timelines tracing AMA's historical work in ethics and historical versions of the Code of Medical Ethics and Principles of Medical Ethics.

Frequently asked questions in ethics

Questions regarding complaints, the Code of Medical Ethics, the Hippocratic Oath, getting medical advice, starting and ending the patient-physician relationship and more.

Reporting ethical violations

To report an ethical violation, there are a number of options that can be considered.

I think this may apply to a treating doc but don't know about a long distance "business" type relationship with a doc who is simply reviewing a set of medical records and writing a letter to assist in wining a disability claim.

After all he is not treating nor does he offer treatment - it is a simple financial based situation for both parties.

P.S. I don't even like the guy and have never contacted him.

thanks wings. but rental is asking and has erased with his moderator pen the law associated with abandonment of a patient which dr. bash is guilty. i did say to rental that the ama has a policy on it and thus your typing has not gone to waste. i used the latin caveat emptor buyer beware thanks

patti

AMA's Code of Medical Ethics

http://www.ama-assn.org/

Many ethicists have emphasized the obligation of fidelity that is owed whenever the physician establishes a relationship with the patient. One important manifestation of this obligation of fidelity is the ethical obligation not to abandon a patient, which would undermine physicians' trustworthiness. CEJA Opinion 8.115, "Termination of the Physician-Patient Relationship" embodies this obligation to ensure continuity of care. Viewed from a different perspective, medicine is an act of "profession" whereby physicians promise to use their knowledge to help and to heal. The patient-physician relationship is held to high standards of conduct, as embodied in the Code of Medical Ethics. This characterization of the patient-physician relationship differs significantly from the contractual view of the relationship in which patients seek care and physicians provide it. Ethically, it would be insufficient to view health care as an ordinary service and to allow care that patients request from physicians to be governed by the maxim "let the buyer beware."

Physicians' self-interest that may conflict with the interests of patients is addressed in unambiguous terms in Opinion 8.03, "Conflicts of Interest: Guidelines," which states that "Under no circumstances may physicians place their own financial interests above the welfare of their patients (…) If a conflict develops between the physician's financial interest and the physician's responsibilities to the patient, the conflict must be resolved to the patient's benefit."