VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Looking For Advice

Rate this question

Guest Vietnam Tanker

Question

Guest Vietnam Tanker
:rolleyes: Ever since my open heart surgery last year, I find that my legs feel like they are on fire all the time (Burning and itching and skin dryness with flaking), I can not walk more than 50 feet without severe pain, Legs cramp up real easy and so on. I do not know if it is the neuropathy getting worse (Dr. stopped gabapentin before surgery and never restarted it) I really do not want to ask PMC Dr. to reccomend a wheelchair or scooter, that is next to impossible to get in Tampa VAMC. Just wondering what others on HADIT would advise me to followup on with this. :blink: I guess I worded it wrong, I am open to advise as it takes 4 to 6 months to get an appointment around here. Edited by Vietnam Tanker

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

"Just wondering what others on HADIT would say or advise me to followup on with this."

Well, judging by the heading of your post, and the above sentence FROM your post, I'll give you the best answer I can, based upon your imposed restrictions:

Ask a doctor.

• HadIt.com Elder

x

x

x

Go to the VAMC emergency room for your medical care; don't wait for an appointment. How far is the drive to the ER? Hang in there brother! ~Wings

• HadIt.com Elder

It sounds like PAD and you need to get to a doctor. Like others have said don't wait. It could be a clot in your leg arteries that could break loose and end up in your heart or lung. That is not good. Just drive to the VAMC ASAP and get someone to look at you. If you have medicare then go to a local hospital if you have to get there quick.

• HadIt.com Elder

John V, Adora is absolutely right, gt to the ER. It may be PN but it could other things too.

J

Edited by jbasser