VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Would I Search For A Specific Cue Case!

Rate this question

bm6546

Question

I am trying to find out some information on past cases where the VA took away someone's 10% compensation or any percentage for that matter. It would be very helpful to find cases such as mine where the VA did the same thing to other veterans. The Navy discharged me with a heart condition and the VA gave me 10% for over 1 year and then took it away because I was working full time. I still have the heart condition and it is worse now than back then.They even wrote that the heart condition is still there and took it away any way. I don't know if this could be a CUE. I want to research this to see if I might have a chance for filing a CUE. I'm just not sure how to search for specific cases. Any help would be VERY helpful.

Thanks in advance, Brian

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Good Morning Brian, I had a couple of 10 percenters reduced to 0, over the years. The malaria disability had an automatic reduction to 0 after a year because I didn't have a reoccurrence. Another 10% sc disability cleared up and though it's still on the books, it's now rated 0. This was a long time ago. Where is the CUE? Good luck.

bm,

you posted,

"The Navy discharged me with a heart condition and the VA gave me 10% for over 1 year and then took it away because I was working full time. "

Believe me this is not WHY VA reduced you 10 percent to zero percent.

You need to read your reduction letter.

Also,

VA has to notify a claimant prior to reduction with a proposal to reduce.

Did VA always have your correct address to notify you ?

Any chance they scheduled you for a re-examination that you did

not attend ?

You can search BVA decisions here:

http://www.index.va.gov/search/va/bva.html

Hope this helps a vet.

carlie

• HadIt.com Elder
I am trying to find out some information on past cases where the VA took away someone's 10% compensation or any percentage for that matter. It would be very helpful to find cases such as mine where the VA did the same thing to other veterans. The Navy discharged me with a heart condition and the VA gave me 10% for over 1 year and then took it away because I was working full time. I still have the heart condition and it is worse now than back then.They even wrote that the heart condition is still there and took it away any way. I don't know if this could be a CUE. I want to research this to see if I might have a chance for filing a CUE. I'm just not sure how to search for specific cases. Any help would be VERY helpful.

Thanks in advance, Brian

Brian, was it a severance or a reduction? How long have you been service connected? What type of heart disease ( Exactly)?

Did they come out and say that since you are working that the reduction is warranted?

Would you mind showing me the Documents?

I need to know these things for I am Sc for heart disease and I have extensive CUE experience.

J

bm,

you posted,

"The Navy discharged me with a heart condition and the VA gave me 10% for over 1 year and then took it away because I was working full time. "

Believe me this is not WHY VA reduced you 10 percent to zero percent.

You need to read your reduction letter.

Also,

VA has to notify a claimant prior to reduction with a proposal to reduce.

Did VA always have your correct address to notify you ?

Any chance they scheduled you for a re-examination that you did

not attend ?

You can search BVA decisions here:

http://www.index.va.gov/search/va/bva.html

Hope this helps a vet.

carlie

carlie, thanks for showing me where to search. Very interesting cases. I've got a lot of reading to do.

Brian

Brian, was it a severance or a reduction? How long have you been service connected? What type of heart disease ( Exactly)?

Did they come out and say that since you are working that the reduction is warranted?

Would you mind showing me the Documents?

I need to know these things for I am Sc for heart disease and I have extensive CUE experience.

J

jbasser, They reduced me from 10% to 0% back in 1967. I have been SC since 1966. I had a heart attack on Jan 25, 2006 and have been diagnosed with CAD. See my other post for reasons for the reduction. I'd love to show you the documents. Not sure how to scan th this Hadit site.

Thanks, Brian

• HadIt.com Elder
jbasser, They reduced me from 10% to 0% back in 1967. I have been SC since 1966. I had a heart attack on Jan 25, 2006 and have been diagnosed with CAD. See my other post for reasons for the reduction. I'd love to show you the documents. Not sure how to scan th this Hadit site.

Thanks, Brian

Brain, What is CAD? ~Wings