Special Aid/attend

ausgmblr

New today,100%sinceNam. Seizures by Encephilitis. worked until disablity retirement 1997, when seizure in garage caused 3 broken ribs, brain damage, total amnesia. Receiving S.A&A by wife as I have a vagul nerve implant to stop seizures, that she places a magnet against when I'm in a seizure to shorten seizure. She had to quit work in 97 to care for me. I can't remember to take medication and am a danger to myself around the coffee pot. Had C&P 2 Weeks ago for previously mentioned damages. V.A. would not let wife in C.&P. 2nd. C&P. they've done this 2 me. @What can I do about that@ I asked DAV before app't meet. told them they had done it before they said they saw no reason wife could not go into meet, but did'nt telll me how to resolve. At meet told them I couldn't answer 2 questions and each time asked if I could get wife they wouldn't let me.

have "L" Need for A&A I filed about 2004 when I found out about homebound then later filed for aid and attendance, V/A said I was drawing it. Do I not rate higher than an "L"

V/A neurologist treats me since 2003 I had VNS and was enuf patients to get Dr. appliances for him to monito and ajust patients appliances. Which all those records are in my files and I haven't had a drivers license been homebound since 97.

What step of 1114 should I be at (o) Want to hear a good one in 95 I wrote title 26 Regs, based on law passed after testimony in Congress, then manual and taught it across country to employees

IRS.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ausgmblr,,,

I, too, have been awarded the "L" rate. Further, I have put in for an increase do to loss of use of two extremities being considered for the maximum rate on account of being so helpless requiring the need for regular aid and attendance, the latter needing to be based on the need resulting from pathology other than that of the extremities.

What I did:

1. Present the pathology (diagnosis) ---(initial grant of aid and attendance)---

2. Show how that "pathology" causes the lower extremities to requires aid and attendance (biology #1)

3. Show how that "pathology" causes the upper extremities to require aid and attendance (Biology #2)

---

I also included exams and exams specifically for aid and attendance for the latter two. The more you can show how the pathology affects the others requiring aid and attendance, the better.

This is not pyramiding. For instance,,, pyramiding is when you have an ailment like AIDS. With AIDS,,, a patient may present with "THRUSH." Also, the patient may present with "Herpes Zoster."

--Pyramiding is being rated for AIDS, Thrush, and Herpes Zoster. Can't do that. The original diagnoses of the main Pathology (AIDS) warrants 100%.

Example:

1. AIDS (pathology)

2. Thrush (pathology from initial pathology)

3. Herpes Zoster (pathology from initial pathology)

But say, for instance,,, the patient has advanced multiple sclerosis. Multiple sclerosis in and of itself causes difficulties affecting both upper and lower extremities and also incontinence. Each of those can eventually place the patient in need for aid and attendance. For example:

1. Multiple sclerosis (pathology)

2. weakness in upper extremities caused by the initial diagnosis (biology #1)

3. weakness in upper extremities caused by the initial diagnosis (biology #2)

In this case,,, R1 is granted.

Bertha sent this to me in the past: http://www.va.gov/vetapp08/files1/0802426.txt

Hope this helps,

Tayo

Ausgmblr,,,

You also mentioned that your wife was not allowed to go into the exam room with you. Not allowed. Period. This is not surgery,, this is a C&P exam.

I am not sure of the specific case,,, but if you want your wife to go into an exam with you,,, she should be able to go.

I for instance,,, ALWAYS have someone go into the room with me and my provider. ALWAYS.

Actually, I had someone accompany me into both my C&P exams.

I wish someone would tell me that I could not have anyone (of my choice) accompany me into an exam room. ;)

Maybe, when you are told that no one can accompany you into an exam room,,, "be nice." Then, repeat back to them SLOWLY what they just said... "So, Dr. So-N-So,,, are you telling me that I can NOT have this person come into my exam. I mean, you are denying my right to have someone come into the exam room?" Then look at them with a weird but sarcastic look. But remember,,, be nice. LOL

Then, see what they say and do. LOL

Tayo