VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Here Need Advise

Rate this question

munchie1017

Question

Hello all I have been reading through these threads for a few days and have not seen any one on here with my same situation. So here is my story I entered Navy boot camp last December and was separated In March of this year. While in boot camp I got injured. The doctor told me i had 6 stress fractures.after this i started having problems with knee they also told me i have flat feet which i never knew. After being on medical hold i returned back to a division for a weekend and i was told i will have to go back to medical hold because my knee worsen. I ended up getting medical separated for flat feet. after i put up a fight because they where not sure how long it will take me to fully heal. i was told by someone that i should file a claim with the va because when i returned home i walked with a limp and could not walk or stand for 5 mins with out needed to rest. i was awarded 10% for knee pain and 0 for both left and right tibial stress reaction which the c&p doctor calls posteerior tibialis tendinitis. which all are service connected. I am not trying to beat the system or anything i know techinially speaking i never became a sailor. All i really want is medicial help so i can go back to doing the things i love in life which is cooking which i also have a degree in. My knee is still in constant pain i can not wear shoes most days of the week because it causes my feet to sweell and hurt. I still can not walk or stand for long with out rest. when i say long i mean your avergae 5 - 10 min. When i went to the C&p exmam the doctor look at me as if i was lying when i told him the promblems but with out any medical eveidence besides my boot camp records its hard to do anything. I did not have any health insurance and i just found out that i can start going to see my knee. any advice on what else i can do to help me. Like i said all i really want is to be able to do the simple things and be able to fully persue my cooking and right now i can't do that.

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
i dont know what those are

BDD --Benefits at Delivery Discharge

PEB --Physical Evaluation Board

MEB --Medical Evaluation Board

TDRL --Temporary Disability Retirement List

• HadIt.com Elder
I entered Navy boot camp last December 2007, and was separated In March 2008.

While in boot camp I was injured. The doctor told me I had 6 stress fractures.

After this injury, I started having problems with my knee. They also told me I have flat feet, which i never knew.

After being on medical hold , I returned back to a division for a weekend and i was told i will have to go back to medical hold because my knee worsened.

I ended up getting medical separated for flat feet, after i'd put up a fight because they were not sure how long it will take me to fully heal.

When i returned home, i walked with a limp and could not walk or stand for 5 mins with out needing to rest.

[filed a formal cliam, and] I was awarded 10% service-connection for Knee Pain, and 0% service-connection for both left and right tibial stress reaction --which the c&p doctor called posterior tibialis tendinitis.

I am not trying to beat the system or anything i know techinially speaking i never became a sailor. All i really want is medicial help so i can go back to doing the things i love in life which is cooking which i also have a degree in.

My knee is still in constant pain, and i can not wear shoes most days of the week because it causes my feet to swell and hurt. I still can not walk or stand for long without rest. when i say long i mean your avergae 5 - 10 min.

When i went to the C&p exam, the doctor looked at me as if i was lying when i told him the promblems, but without any medical eveidence besides my boot camp records its hard to do anything.

I did not have any health insurance and i just found out that i can start going to see my knee.

Any advice on what else i can do to help me. Like i said all i really want is to be able to do the simple things and be able to fully persue my cooking and right now i can't do that.

You should file for an increase when your SC medical conditions worsen, you'll need medical evidence of increased disability. Get treatment from the VAMC and request copies of all your treatment under the Freedom of Information Act.

You should apply for Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (VR&E) under Title 38, Code of Federal Regulations, Chapter 31.

CHAPTER 31—TRAINING AND REHABILITATION FOR VETERANS WITH SERVICE-CONNECTED DISABILITIES here's the laws http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/uscode3..._III_20_31.html

38 CFR 3102(2)(B) A person shall be entitled to a rehabilitation program under the terms and conditions of this chapter if (2) the person is a veteran who—

(A) has a service-connected disability rated at 10 percent which was incurred or aggravated in service on or after September 16, 1940; and (B) is determined by the Secretary to be in need of rehabilitation because of a serious employment handicap.

Edited by Wings