VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tens Unit

Rate this topic

The physical therapy department at the VAMC will issue you a TENS unit for a sc'd condition. No need to pay for one if you don't need. I didn't have any luck with a TENS. It only served to give me a new set of problems :rolleyes:

I didnt have any luck with mine either rentalguy. I got one and Im not service connected, YET :)

go fig...........

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Everyone, I have been using an 8 pad tens unit for over 1 and half yrs for the Peripheral Neuropathy legs, feet , hands and arms. The only problem I have had is that as the Neuropathy gets worse the less effect it has. Also I try not to use it on the same "cycle" but vary the seconds, pulse and patterns as my tens unit is a real good one. Your muscles and nerves will get used to and mememorize the events so using different programs and pulses , patterns is a must. I use it primarily on my feet which is where my biggest problem comes from. I try not to use it but 3 times a week or the effect is not noticeable even on high if I go more than 3 times a week. God Bless, C.C. NEVER GIVE UP

I have been using a tens unit for years I had bought my first 2 $400 for my first one and $500 and the VA has supplied me with a new one when my last one went kaput and its a "Jim dandy" I can not believe these things are less than a $100 bucks now..... Yog