VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Continuity Of Treatment, Symptomology

Rate this question

mark sr

Question

continuity of treatment, symptomologyi went in for cp nov. 21. i was relieved to find out my smr contained information on an assault against me while in korea in 1974. it showed i suffered 3in. lac. to forehead, broken finger, br. bone in hand, injured wrist. there were more injuries but i didnt see it on the cp docs paperwork. the va doc said he was going to service connect me for my hand, but it wouldnt be much. i mentioned to him that va also requested exam on head inj. knee inj. and both elbows, he looked at his papers and sent me back for more xrays. i have seen private docs over the years, but sometimes there were long periods of time in between visits. i have a recent imo to support my case. since this assault was commited by 2 guys armed with bats/clubs and they continued the beating after i was on the ground and stomped me til i was unconscious, someone said i should get a psych. evaluation for ptsd. i waited long to file this claim, will that hurt my case. any advice appreciated.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

x

x

x

I agree: move your question over to (VA Claims Reserarch) Veterans Affairs Claims and Benefits Research http://www.hadit.com/forums/index.php?act=idx

VA Claims Research This is a good forum to put general claims questions or if you aren't sure where to put it. There are several forums that deal with specific issues, such as TDIU. PTSD ect look over the various forums and post in the one you feel best fits your question ...

I think if you get a diagnosis for PTSD, and you have evidence of personal assault, and your doctor type person will say your PTSD is related to military trauma, then you should file a Claim!!! ~Wings

marksr,

Do you have PTSD? If so, is it diagnosed as such. If so file. If not then you really wouldn't have a valid claim. By all means work it if the claim is real. I say this only because I have had many bad experiences (and a few beatings) but do not have PTSD. I wouldn't feel right to file even though I could give a legitimate stressor. I feel like this would be wrong for me. We are all affected differently by our experiences. If it's there then pursue it to the very end and we will help all we can.

Mark

• HadIt.com Elder

I agree with mitchell3006 towards the PTSD and I fell the same toward TBI. Mark- How long was it from time you left service to when you first have documented treatment records of when you started to get treatments for the issues that you say where not documented in your SMR's? If you don't have treatment records or you do but they are from the recent past, then it will be difficult to win your claims for these conditions. The further your records (evidence) goes back the better your claim. To specific regards of the injuries as stated in your SMR's, these should be well grounded claims.

Edited by poolguy11550