VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Iu Compensation

Rate this question

sf_ranger

Question

My friend has 80% schedular and 20% IU for a little over a year...He is 100% P+T and 60 years old but he has problems that he believes will get him additional percentages....He also has a tuiton of $60K to pay and he cannot work due to his IU....If he opens an additional claim does he or can he be in trouble if he doesn't get the additional 20% as schedular?....Also is there any way he can get the $60K removed of reduced due to his 100% P+T???.... Any help would be greatly appreciated because he is a kind, introverted and a good person..

God Bless our Troops..

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

He is schedular 80 percent. He is paid at the 100 percent rate. His is total and permenent, Has he filed for his Social Security disability?

At 60 with his disabilities, he should get it. As far as the Debt he owes, I am not sure. I dont even know who to ask. Someone here may know the answer.

He was denied SSD. He was working for the govt and he also did not put into SS for the last 10 years of his employment. I do find it kinda difficult for anyone who has the degrees but cannot work and cannot use his education and still pay for an education he cannot use.

He has been around the block searching for some relief for what he earned but cannot use due to his IU....Catch 22...

Thanks for any information.

He is schedular 80 percent. He is paid at the 100 percent rate. His is total and permenent, Has he filed for his Social Security disability?

At 60 with his disabilities, he should get it. As far as the Debt he owes, I am not sure. I dont even know who to ask. Someone here may know the answer.

• HadIt.com Elder

If these were govenment backed loans then there is a waiver request he can file due to VA rated at 100%........It was several years ago I read where this was the only way to get these type of waivers.

He should call the company who he delt with to get the correct info, or go to the FASA web site to see further info or links to this question. www.fasa.gov

• HadIt.com Elder

Why go from 100% TDIU/IU to 100% scheduler? There are far more risk involved in attempting that.

As far as the additional percentages....he will be rolling the dice on that also.

His tuiton of $60K- is that funds owed back to the VBA or other?

• HadIt.com Elder

He should get an atty to appeal the SSDI denial. As for the student loans, if they were federally funded or from his state, they can be waivered. They waivered all my student loans when I became 100%, about $30k's worth. Have him contact the student loan administrator, in his state, and request a waiver form.

pr

My friend has 80% schedular and 20% IU for a little over a year...He is 100% P+T and 60 years old but he has problems that he believes will get him additional percentages....He also has a tuiton of $60K to pay and he cannot work due to his IU....If he opens an additional claim does he or can he be in trouble if he doesn't get the additional 20% as schedular?....Also is there any way he can get the $60K removed of reduced due to his 100% P+T???.... Any help would be greatly appreciated because he is a kind, introverted and a good person..

God Bless our Troops..

He should get an atty to appeal the SSDI denial. As for the student loans, if they were federally funded or from his state, they can be waivered. They waivered all my student loans when I became 100%, about $30k's worth. Have him contact the student loan administrator, in his state, and request a waiver form.

pr

I called him to ask about the funding and his attempt to appeal his denial but he doesn't answer his phone and he seldom leaves his house...I need to go visit him today...I do know he consolidated his loans to one "bigun" of $60k with a 3.25% interest rate otherwise his rates would be some where in the 8's like my neighbor...So I do not know how to work it for him but will soon find out...Thanks a zillion Brothers in Arms...

God Bless our Troops and Veterans