VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Form 21-526 Part - B: Compensation

Rate this question

PE1

Question

The form only has room for 9 complaints. How do you add more? What if you have more than 9 complaints? Do you just write a letter? Make photocopies of the for and staple it to the packet?

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

PE1,

You sound like you are right on track with getting your ducks in a row before you get out of service. We all wish we had either gotten the chance or like me :blink: had sense enough to do it. If we had we wouldn't have gained all this wonderful experience fighting through VA BS. :P Keep compiling records, keep a copy of CFR 38 next to the commode for light reading, and stay up to date with the folks here. Hopefully that will make your journey through the paper jungle alot shorter.

Mark

PEI -thanks for telling us more-

Yes- sounds like you got those ducks in a row and then you made sure those ducks will be well armed.

We meant well when we suggested not to put down a long list-

in many cases a vet has multiple bonafide SC disabilities- but sometimes some of their claims can become a stretch.

I was talking to a NVLSP lawyer a few weeks ago -and mentioned not only did I follow their advise re: I-9 forms (you are not at that point yet and hopefully wont get there)-and posted their advise here at hadit but I also believe a vet should get on one page one of Anything they send to the VA-the most important disabilities and evidence they have (which isnt always easy)

because I believe (and I feel shreddergate has sure borne out many of of my fears) that VA employees are only reading page one of our stuff-

in any reponses we make to them under the VCAA or SOC etc-even the I-9 form and I dont think they even get beyond this first page in countless claims they handle.The lawyer agreed- get the main stuff and evidence down first and then expand on it.

Edited by Berta