VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd Increase

Rate this question

USMC_HVEQ

Question

I thank everyone that reads my posts and offers some advice. I thank god this service is here, because it helps you answer questions, that jsut nag at you.

My situation is this:

currently on TDRL (10% ptsd and 40% subluxation for both shoulders)-combined 40% for USMC as of 8/1/07.

current VA ratings 10% tinnitus, 10% ptsd and 40% shoulders (they decided my VA case before I got all the evidence, based on my TDRL letter and now I am combined 50% VA comp.

I was receiving both pay up until next month when my TDRL pay is being offset by the VA waiver (50%) amount of 770. I will rec the difference which is about 187 dollars.

I have a NOD in process, I had my C&P exam for ptsd and most likely will be rated either 50% or 70% ptsd. I asked for DRO review by de novo process.

My questions are the following:

1. When my VA rating is increased for ptsd, what should I do about CRSC? I was only given 10% at the time of my retirement/tdrl (which was bogus, but I took it at the time), so at the time I did not qualify for CRSC. My shoulders were hurt in service but not in combat. My ptsd is combat related from Iraq, which should qualify me correct for CRSC?

2. when my first reval for tdrl comes up, I should have no probelm getting transferred from tdrl to pdrl with rate increase, I imagine, based on the new evidence and rate increase by the VA.

3. If you are getting 70% combined VA rating and not CSRSC, then your retiree pay (CDRP) is offset, since its only 50% on TDRL, but if I have pDRL ratings changed, since my ptsd is far more serious then my shoulders right now, then I would qualify for CRSC pay in addition to the 70% VA money correct? I bleieve it is 2.5% of retiree pay x #yrs of service?

• Answers 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Anytime/everytime a fellow vet gets what he/she deserves it provides hope to those of us who continue to fight The impact of "yeah you finally got it right to the VA" means out brother worked tiredlessly and endeavored more bureaucratic bs to share what he should have received at the start. Good work soldier!!

quote name='USMC_HVEQ' date='Dec 17 2008, 12:39 AM' post='119579']

I thank everyone that reads my posts and offers some advice. I thank god this service is here, because it helps you answer questions, that jsut nag at you.

My situation is this:

currently on TDRL (10% ptsd and 40% subluxation for both shoulders)-combined 40% for USMC as of 8/1/07.

current VA ratings 10% tinnitus, 10% ptsd and 40% shoulders (they decided my VA case before I got all the evidence, based on my TDRL letter and now I am combined 50% VA comp.

I was receiving both pay up until next month when my TDRL pay is being offset by the VA waiver (50%) amount of 770. I will rec the difference which is about 187 dollars.

I have a NOD in process, I had my C&P exam for ptsd and most likely will be rated either 50% or 70% ptsd. I asked for DRO review by de novo process.

My questions are the following:

1. When my VA rating is increased for ptsd, what should I do about CRSC? I was only given 10% at the time of my retirement/tdrl (which was bogus, but I took it at the time), so at the time I did not qualify for CRSC. My shoulders were hurt in service but not in combat. My ptsd is combat related from Iraq, which should qualify me correct for CRSC?

2. when my first reval for tdrl comes up, I should have no probelm getting transferred from tdrl to pdrl with rate increase, I imagine, based on the new evidence and rate increase by the VA.

3. If you are getting 70% combined VA rating and not CSRSC, then your retiree pay (CDRP) is offset, since its only 50% on TDRL, but if I have pDRL ratings changed, since my ptsd is far more serious then my shoulders right now, then I would qualify for CRSC pay in addition to the 70% VA money correct? I bleieve it is 2.5% of retiree pay x #yrs of service?

well, final update. I rec'd an increase for my ptsd from 10%--> 50%. This also put my combined rating to 70%. The funds are pending deposit, so I got a good backpay amount. I am not writing this trying to gloat, but rather share with the people that hae commented and followed my case. Once again thank you to everyone for your help and opinions.

This site is very very helpful. Ask questions, no matter how stupid you may think it is, ask it! If we all ahd the answers we wouldn't be here. To all those that are new, don't give up. It will take time but if you do the leg work, it will help out your VSO. I have a hard time letting it go to others to do for me. Don't be lead blindly. Be informed about your case. Do your homework, be prepared for C&Ps, know wha you need to get for whatever you are seeking. Trust me when I say 6 months ago, i knew half as much as I do now. I just looked and looked and you can do. It's not always going to fall into your lap, sometimes you have to work for anything worth having. Now I can help guide people after the knowledge and experience I've gained from my adventure. I'm not an expert and don't claim to be. I will only offer my opinion and suggestions, ultimately it is the claimant that has to make the choices. once you gather all the information and process it/filter it to what you are specifically looking for/asking then you will ahve a variety of options. Then and only then is it a better choice.

good luck

Semper fidelis

• HadIt.com Elder
well, final update. Now I can help guide people after the knowledge and experience I've gained from my adventure. I'm not an expert and don't claim to be. I will only offer my opinion and suggestions, ultimately it is the claimant that has to make the choices. once you gather all the information and process it/filter it to what you are specifically looking for/asking then you will ahve a variety of options. Then and only then is it a better choice.

good luck

Semper fidelis

Congratulations USMC _HVEQ . . You have gained valuable information and I'm sure many more vets will be helped by your odyssey You didn't give up. Thanks again for following thru and doing your part. Please keep us posted.