VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd Increase

Rate this question

USMC_HVEQ

Question

I thank everyone that reads my posts and offers some advice. I thank god this service is here, because it helps you answer questions, that jsut nag at you.

My situation is this:

currently on TDRL (10% ptsd and 40% subluxation for both shoulders)-combined 40% for USMC as of 8/1/07.

current VA ratings 10% tinnitus, 10% ptsd and 40% shoulders (they decided my VA case before I got all the evidence, based on my TDRL letter and now I am combined 50% VA comp.

I was receiving both pay up until next month when my TDRL pay is being offset by the VA waiver (50%) amount of 770. I will rec the difference which is about 187 dollars.

I have a NOD in process, I had my C&P exam for ptsd and most likely will be rated either 50% or 70% ptsd. I asked for DRO review by de novo process.

My questions are the following:

1. When my VA rating is increased for ptsd, what should I do about CRSC? I was only given 10% at the time of my retirement/tdrl (which was bogus, but I took it at the time), so at the time I did not qualify for CRSC. My shoulders were hurt in service but not in combat. My ptsd is combat related from Iraq, which should qualify me correct for CRSC?

2. when my first reval for tdrl comes up, I should have no probelm getting transferred from tdrl to pdrl with rate increase, I imagine, based on the new evidence and rate increase by the VA.

3. If you are getting 70% combined VA rating and not CSRSC, then your retiree pay (CDRP) is offset, since its only 50% on TDRL, but if I have pDRL ratings changed, since my ptsd is far more serious then my shoulders right now, then I would qualify for CRSC pay in addition to the 70% VA money correct? I bleieve it is 2.5% of retiree pay x #yrs of service?

• Answers 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

• HadIt.com Elder

HVEQ:

Are you able to work? If you are working and making a decent salary 50% is as high as it will probably go. If you are not working should be at least 70% plus TDIU.

Negotiating to get something does not really sit well with me but it is done all the time. Answer to your question is you can get the deal and than ask for an increase.

Good Luc and no matter what anyone says its your claim and your decision.

• HadIt.com Elder
wondering what people thought about my last post

Good Morning USMC HVEQ , ...It appears that you have weighed all your unique considerations and options, decided to accept the compromise, and now you can get on with your life. Best wishes for a successful new year

I know what you menat about making delas and what not. All my notes and exams definitly cleaqred me for 50% so that was a given. The 70% is something i think i can get increased. I am not working currently. I am an apprentice in Heavy equipment odd enough. This type of field (construction) makes dealing with ptsd much easier than an office setting. I'm looking at the whole case from all sides. I just felt the inevitavle for right now would they are going to conclude 50% anyways, so just take it now. I was like man, what timing. I didnt want to accept the deal if it was going to hurt my case overall, meaning EED. This won't change my therapy or anything. I will contiue to seek treatment and get better with time. I want to thank everyone for their help and opinions on my issues. I will keep everyone posted with the details as they come about. Once I see it in black and white and in the envelope then I'll believe it.