VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va C&p Audiologist And Va Ent And Va Treating Audiologist Disagree

Rate this topic

C&P doctor ignored my MOS and testimony in orginal claim, the C&P examiner gave the opinion in that my hearing loss and tinnitus from old age at age 58. After two years, 2 NODS and 6 audiomoligy visits later, got a different opinion from VA ENT and VA treating audiologist, that hearing loss is from acoustical trauma (loud noise) many years ago. I now have hearing aid being made. I fill an urge to reopen my claim, of course I will lose all my back pay if I get sc'd on this condition because I got pnuemonia right after the SSOC, was very sick, hospitalized and screwed up and reponded with my NOD 6 days late over the new 30 days deal. Got another SSOC saying we have decided not to accept your NOD due to timeliness. It would have went back to 06 if granted. What a killer!

danang_1969

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:P Danang 1969, I had a C & P Hearing about a month ago for hearing loss and tinnutis. I'm still waiting for the results. I got a copy of the report yesterday, and the examiner mentioned the tinnutis was caused by working around the noisy P-3 aircraft. The reort states"Regarding his left ear (deaf in right), Veteran should be given the doubt as he does have hearing loss in his left ear. It is as least likely as not as not that Veterans left ear hearing loss was contributed to by military noise experience. Also have a new program that works with an I-Pod - plays 4 songs - two classical and two new age - that have a scratching type noise in it. She says that it trains the brain to block out the ringing. Very expensive to VA, and must use two hours daily for eight months

:P Danang 1969, I had a C & P Hearing about a month ago for hearing loss and tinnutis. I'm still waiting for the results. I got a copy of the report yesterday, and the examiner mentioned the tinnutis was caused by working around the noisy P-3 aircraft. The reort states"Regarding his left ear (deaf in right), Veteran should be given the doubt as he does have hearing loss in his left ear. It is as least likely as not as not that Veterans left ear hearing loss was contributed to by military noise experience. Also have a new program that works with an I-Pod - plays 4 songs - two classical and two new age - that have a scratching type noise in it. She says that it trains the brain to block out the ringing. Very expensive to VA, and must use two hours daily for eight months

I have listened to classical music from time to time and I haven't ever noticed any improvement in the tinnitis. I don't know about that tinnintis prescription, what do you think about this? The VA audiologist told me as soon as my hearing aid was made and I wore it awhile it would help my tinnitis some.

;) Danang1969, I was told the same thing by my audiologist. What I was trying to explain previously, was a a program using "Neuromonics". See www.neuromonics.com. I have the folder in front of me. You will take another hearing test to determine how loud the scratching sound must be set for. The way I understand, they program the scratching noise periodically throughout the music selections. Your brain picks up on the scratching, somehow sending a message back to your ears, which is supposed to mask the ringing. She told me it was quite expensive on their part, and you must make a commitment to listen for two hours a day x 8 months. The time can be broken into several setting periods. Hope this gives you a little hope.

Another falsehood the VA people told me I guess.