VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Submission Of Nod

Rate this question

Tayo

Question

Hello,

Well, I must say that this message is not a good one for me. I am really sad and disappointed,,, to the point of tears. :P

On 11/21/2008 and 12/06/2008, I submitted inquiries about my claim through I.R.I.S. I did not get any response. So, I did the next best thing,,, contact my Veteran Service Rep. I emailed him yesterday to see what was going on with my NOD. --

He responded and said that he could not locate my NOD!!! this is how the email went:

Sent: Thursday, December 18, 2008 4:17 PM

To: "Veteran Service Rep."

Hello Mr. "Veterans Service Rep.",

This is "Tayo" again. I hope all is well.

1. I am writing again to see if you have any more information concerning the competency proposal. If you

can remember, I submitted a letter from my Neurologist stating that I was competent to handle my VA Benefits.

---I attached of copy of that letter for a quick reference.---

2. Also, do you have any information concerning the Notice of Disagreement I submitted on August 18, 2008?

---I attached a copy of the dates NOD was submitted.---

I tried submitting questions through the IRIS system. Actually, I submitted questions on 11/21/2008 and 12/6/2008; never got a response.

Once more,,, thanks for all your continued help. I'm not sure how often you hear this but, "you are greatly appreciated."

Veteran,

Tayo

-----------

Date: Friday, December 19, 2008, 8:18 AM

"Tayo":

I checked on you claim concerning the incompetency issue. It's still in the rating board. As far as you NOD submitted

on 8/18/08 I don't see it. You can send another copy of the

NOD so we can get it in. Hope you have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New year.

"Veteran Service Rep."

-----------

Mr. "Veteran Service Rep.",

Thanks so much for responding so quickly.

1. I have attached copies of the submitted information.

2. Should I also bring copies into the VA?

3. Since the original submission stamp is for August 18, does that date still stand?

Once more,,, thanks so much for responding so quickly.

Sincerely,

"Tayo"

------------

Everyone,,, I am so lost for words!!! I mean,,, ,,, :blink:

I do not know what to do.

Someone, please help me. I really need some help.

B)

Tayo

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

My DRO review took 2 years and she did it wrong- and then did a redo- and did that one wrong-

what does this stuff happen- like your NOD "misplaced"?

Because the VA -for years- has gotten away with this crap-

The "October Incident" (when VA was caught shredding critical claims documents and when an amnesty period brought forth documents that VA employees were hiding somewhere-has made the VA a little better in tracking stuff- as long as the claimant raises some Hell.

That NOD could have been in VA's hands the day the rep prepared it.

The traditional BVA route takes a long time too-

BVA go my case in August 2006 and I requested they immediately remand it-they did but RO failed to act on it-

then BVA formally remanded it again a few months ago-

in a strong statement to the AMC I said I wanted the expeditious treatment I was promised by the BVA.

Finally after many years my medical evidence was actually read in Nov and AMC has set the claim for a decision.Claim Filed in first week of Feb -2003.

My neighbor-same VARO- sent his SMRS and medical records along with his 21-526.In 8 months he got an award.A VA doctor had been able to provide a medical nexus to him prior to his C & P.

It is difficult to determine how long any claim can take.

If you are OIF OEF vet-it could go faster.

• HadIt.com Elder
Because the VA -for years- has gotten away with this crap-

Best wishes for a positive resolution soon, Berta. I am saddened to hear of your odyssey, yet grateful for your being here. The way you have been treated by the VA is a crime. However, you have turned your negative experience with the bureaucrats into a positive source of knowledge and wisdom to be shared with all that seek your help and direction.