VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Congress Filner On Dr. Phil...today...3:00 Cst

Rate this question

Stretch

Question

• In Memoriam

In the Central Time Zone this show is on at 3:00 PM pm Channel 5. I will be different in other time zones and Channels. It could have some relevance on treatment changes that will be happening in this administration. Congressman Filner was re-appointed as the Chairman of the Veterans Affairs Committee.

http://www.vawatchdog.org/08/nf08/nfdec08/nf121808-1.htm

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

The 800,000 blaims backlong does include all Veterans. While it is unfortunate that they only talked about OEF/OIF, we all know that it isn't just them, it is all of the Veterans. We know that, and I think Dr. Phil knows that, too.

Dr Phil wants to do a show on "Vets Still Waiting".

As soon as I found out about this show I contacted his producers and it seems that they are very interested in the "still waiting" and "MST Survivors".

Blanket his website with emails...they are very welcoming

• In Memoriam

Here is Larry Scott's post on YouTube. It is broken up into 6 parts. You just have to browse the side bar to get the other parts. I watched the show on TV, but Larry's post are just as good. Seems some of the Newer Vets are going to try and separate themselves from the rest of us.

It will be easier to go right to Larry's YouTube post. Here you can select each part when you are done with one.

http://www.youtube.com/user/lscott7224

• HadIt.com Elder

Good Morning Stretch, Thanks for starting this thread and giving us the heads up about the Dr. Phil Show yesterday. I watched. Even though my wife and I have been playing this little game in the afternoons, while I have been hanging around the house on this extended RR. It's called, dodge the Dr. Phil & Oprha shows. I sometimes judge the character of someone from my generation, based on their military activity during the Vietnam era. Poor Dr. Phil was a draft dodger, who used the deferments route to avoid mandatory service in the war. Another scheme to avoid the draft, was to get Dad to get you a "NG" status ( but that's a different topic.) ... I was pleased to see our issues discussed on his show, tempered with the knowledge that the public has a short attention span, and even a shorter memory. I also find it notable that some of the newer vets want to reinvent the wheel and separate themselves from the rest of us. I remember when I got home from the war zone and would walk into any of the Veterans Service Organization's posts, many years ago. AL, VFW, DAV MOPH, etc., and be treated like a redheaded stepchild by the WWII vets. Sometimes there is a power struggle within our own long lasting veterans institutions. Passing the torch to a new generation of war veterans is never easy. I witnessed it with the Korean & WWII vets, and the WWII vets did the same with the WWI. Divide and get conquered. Too bad, such is life... It doesn't have to be that way. Remember the VVA, back in the day? I do support the "VA employee orange jump suit program", proposed by the retired Col. on the Dr. Phil Show yesterday. Some of the things I have witnessed at the VA, over the last four decades are indeed criminal. ...Cmdr. Bob

Edited by Commander Bob 92-93

• HadIt.com Elder

While were' on the subject. I am reminded of the Kipling stanza, the WWII vets would recite..."In time of war, and not before, God and the solider, all men adore, But when the war is over, and the wrong's been righted, God's forgotten and the solider slighted".

Edited by Commander Bob 92-93