VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Couple Questions About Imo And Pcp's

Rate this question

yelloownumber5

Question

Hi,

My post just got lost so here I go again...........

1. I see some don't have a problem with getting their PCM's to do a IMO. How do you approach them? How likly are the doctors to do this and VA doctors as well?

2. I have sleep apnea (OSA) and spoke with my sleep doctor. When I asked him why and how did I get sleep apnea he said many people have it for years before DX'd.

I told him I understand and I've had these symptoms and complaints to my doctor and fell asleep twice while driving. We talked longer and I asked if maybe he

could review my records to see how long I've had this........."no" So, I asked directly if he would do an IMO and again "no".

This was a long conversation nothing straight out and I've been seeing him for over a year, this appt. was more for insomnia meds and something for daytime fatigue still,

just raised the CPAP pressure.

3. Is there anyone other than Dr. Bash that someone can recommend. My wife has been unable to work for 3 years and just received the "unfavorable" SSA Judge Hearing results,

so that $2000 for Dr. Bash cannot happen. I did let him know our whole situation but Dr. Bash doesn't seem to do anything less than $2000.

Thanks

YELLOOW Team

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

yelloownumber, How do you feel that OSA is connected to your service? Did you have any symptoms of OSA in service? The doctor that write about, was he a VA dr?

Poolguy,

While on active duty probably 2000-2002 I have notes from my Military PCM of "fatigue", "OSA 2 degrees", "consider sleep study", "wieght gain 20 pounds", "sleeps 8-9 hours daily but not feeling refreshed", "daytime fatigue", these notes were from my active duty PCM from 2000-2002 he retired or transfered in 2002 and I retired 31 Dec 2003. Also while on active duty my DOD PGW Physcial was for complaints of "fatigue", "memory loss", fatigue was never addressed and memory loss was but nothing noted about sleep issues. I also have septoplasty surgery in 2003 while on active duty because I had problems breathing and daytime fatigue.

When I told my new PCM at the MTF in 2006 I was retired but I told him I fell asleep while driving again, he put in a referral for sleep study and this was found I had sleep apnea and given the second sleep study. I was given ambein for insomnia and a CPAP which has been adjusted twice for pressure. I know the doctors do not always put info in about your complaints, the only way to ensure something is entered is to usually make an appointment for only that one topic and ensure that is the reason for your appointment. I have zero notes from when I made the appointment with my doctor about falling asleep while driving in 2006 but do have a few notes from my doctor while on active duty.

Thanks.

Edited by yelloownumber5
  • HadIt.com Elder

yelloownumber, if what you say is documented then you got a plausible claim. If you cannot get an IMO, then submit all evidence and current diagnoses from your treating doctor. Write a statement to support such and wait. The R/O should give you a C&P exam but you never know. If you need help with the write up- use pm and contact me.

• HadIt.com Elder

Yellow

If you have it in your Medical records you should eventually win your claim. Are you using a CPAP now.

Sorry about your wife hope that she has a lawyer helping her.

Pete

Poolguy and Pete,

Poolguy, I sure will send you a PM, and everything is in there I just have to pull it again......not sure what happened but I have copies everywhere.

Pete,

Yes, I received my CPAP shortly after that titrational sleep study which was like March 2007

With wife and SSA. We just received the "unfavorable" decision yesterday and she left messages for a couple lawyers but timing isn't great to start this. I just really do not understand what these judges look at when they cite something old but not newer material. On that note I didn't know much aobut the "RFC".

Let me tell you when she had the SSA exam.......the result came back and said she used to be a Nanny, untrue and not sure where this came from. Said she's been receiving SSI for 10 plus years, untrue again. Said she's overmedicated true but now they said she doesn't have any serious pain meds isn't vicodin kind of serious? she has like 4 different KILLERS. I know everyone has their own tolerances but I'm like dang those are pretty serious.

Pete but one of the things was after they ALJ they said they didn't have her as a US CItizen.......................well not close to any other citizenship. Not sure what else to say with that.

But thanks for your wishes and hopefully we will find someone decent for this appeal with SSA.

Yellow

If you have it in your Medical records you should eventually win your claim. Are you using a CPAP now.

Sorry about your wife hope that she has a lawyer helping her.

Pete

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use