VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Couple Questions About Imo And Pcp's

Rate this question

yelloownumber5

Question

Hi,

My post just got lost so here I go again...........

1. I see some don't have a problem with getting their PCM's to do a IMO. How do you approach them? How likly are the doctors to do this and VA doctors as well?

2. I have sleep apnea (OSA) and spoke with my sleep doctor. When I asked him why and how did I get sleep apnea he said many people have it for years before DX'd.

I told him I understand and I've had these symptoms and complaints to my doctor and fell asleep twice while driving. We talked longer and I asked if maybe he

could review my records to see how long I've had this........."no" So, I asked directly if he would do an IMO and again "no".

This was a long conversation nothing straight out and I've been seeing him for over a year, this appt. was more for insomnia meds and something for daytime fatigue still,

just raised the CPAP pressure.

3. Is there anyone other than Dr. Bash that someone can recommend. My wife has been unable to work for 3 years and just received the "unfavorable" SSA Judge Hearing results,

so that $2000 for Dr. Bash cannot happen. I did let him know our whole situation but Dr. Bash doesn't seem to do anything less than $2000.

Thanks

YELLOOW Team

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

There are many IMO doctors on the net-it pays to search for them by their specialty.

You are right- Dr. Bash charged me 2,000 apiece for 2 separate IMOs but if I need another IMO- and I should know soon- I was quoted $1750 from a cardiologist who sent me his credentials and they are very impressive.

I googled a Forensic Medical Opinion site.

I regret these opinions are so costly- and one does not know whether the IMO will help or not-

the IMO doctor can state a nexus to your service but still that nexus would have to be proven by either youir SMrs or buddy statements.

Your wife could try to contact ALLSUP,Inc. on line.

These are disability experts with a very high rate of succcess on SSA claims.

They can usually assess the claim on line.If they take it and represent her they do have a fee -and the fee is at their web site-I frget what I was.

An SSA lawyer turned us down to help with a SSA reconsideration request we made.Even SSA itself suggested it could even negatively affect their prior award.

SSA had awarded totally for CVA but failed to consider Rods sc PTSD.

4 months later I called to tell the SSA lawyer to tll him how much money he lost by not helping us.

Rod was awarded SSA for PTSD with a more favorable retro than the CVA award which become moot.

If there is any chance for a reconsideration of her SSA claim (there could be deadlines to this I think) maybe ALLSUP could possibly help her with it.

In spite of all this negativity from SSA and the lawyer I just went ahead and prepared the reconsideration request anyhow. I was so used to using VA case law and regs that I obtained some SSA regs that supported the request as well as I used medical evidence.

It took SSA 4 months to award 100% for PTSD but it took the VA over 6 years.

The SSA award was based entirely on VA med recs.

It also gave Rod a beter entitlement date in the old AO settlement fund payout.

This shows how little evidence the VA really considers sometimes for SC claims.

Edited by Berta
  • HadIt.com Elder

I paid $375 in 1991 for my IMO it was the best investment I ever made. Its my opinion that the IMO is a must if you have not been able to link the service connection to your diagnosis. Almost no way around that in my opinion.

Once you are service connected it is not absolutely necessary but it sure helps once you start the appeals process.

Do I think Dr Bash and others are expensive yes I do but I would still recommend them to many who come here.

If the VA was true to its contention that it is there to help Veterans than they should also provide IMO's but that is another story

If you're S/C then an IMO isn't necessary AT ALL. Why would you need IMO if service-connected? Maybe you had a brain fart.

jay

Once you are service connected it is not absolutely necessary but it sure helps once you start the appeals process.

Do I think Dr Bash and others are expensive yes I do but I would still recommend them to many who come here.

If the VA was true to its contention that it is there to help Veterans than they should also provide IMO's but that is another story

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use