VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bva Medical Review Board

Rate this question

mophandle2005

Question

I currently have a claim at the bva for a dispostion on my appeal. The ro denied my claim and it went back to the bva, I called the bva and they said my claim was sent to a medical review board. I have no idea what they are talking about can anyone help me. I am sorry I have never used a forum befor so if I sound stupid please give me a chance to learn how too ask the right questions in the right right forum.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

mophandle2005,

I should be able to answer your question having been to the BVA the

AMC and back to the BVA.

My opinion is the BVA is sending your claim to an outside doctor for

a medical opinion of your records.

I have seen them send claims to local Universities for their input.

From what I understand, you were one of the lucky ones and not

remanded to the AMC, Is this correct?

Always,

Betty

I currently have a claim at the bva for a dispostion on my appeal. The ro denied my claim and it went back to the bva, I called the bva and they said my claim was sent to a medical review board. I have no idea what they are talking about can anyone help me. I am sorry I have never used a forum befor so if I sound stupid please give me a chance to learn how too ask the right questions in the right right forum.

Hey Mophandle2005:

Welcome to Hadit and please know that we are here for each other to help understand the system. No dumb questions here, because the VA does so many different things and does not even follow their own rules. Confusion is in the "Plan of the Day" for the VA and this group has banded together to help fight the fight. I do believe as Josephine said, your record has been sent out for an independent medical opinion. You didn't post what the conditions that are up for appeal. If you don't mind doing so, if you list the conditions, one of the experts here on hadit may be able to expound on what they might be looking at. Take care, s/Mags

mophandle2005,

I should be able to answer your question having been to the BVA the

AMC and back to the BVA.

My opinion is the BVA is sending your claim to an outside doctor for

a medical opinion of your records.

I have seen them send claims to local Universities for their input.

From what I understand, you were one of the lucky ones and not

remanded to the AMC, Is this correct?

Always,

Betty

Thank you Betty for your timely response:

I believe this may be the case in terms of not sending my case back too the AMC.

I am sure many veterans are confused, scared, and don't where to turn for simple answers too their questions, and this forum seem to be a good start. I will tell other vets that I attend classes with about this forum. I have read many questions and answers in this forum, in the last two days, and it has helped me to understand a great many things about the VA claims process. I guess the most important thing I have learned here is too never retreat.

Again thank you so much Betty, and your kindness will never be obliderated.

Roland

Hey Mophandle2005:

Welcome to Hadit and please know that we are here for each other to help understand the system. No dumb questions here, because the VA does so many different things and does not even follow their own rules. Confusion is in the "Plan of the Day" for the VA and this group has banded together to help fight the fight. I do believe as Josephine said, your record has been sent out for an independent medical opinion. You didn't post what the conditions that are up for appeal. If you don't mind doing so, if you list the conditions, one of the experts here on hadit may be able to expound on what they might be looking at. Take care, s/Mags

My appeal is for major depression, I am claiming MD as sc and tdiu. I am currently rated 80% for skin, back and both knees. I am also being treated for major depression and I was told I could claim this a sc because I was also treated for MD in service. Yes it is in my service medical file however the the doctor from my last C&P hearing denied my claim and said there is no nexus between my current depression and my depression in service. I am also receiving SSI for my physical and mental condition but I guess the C&P examiner believes you can compartmentalize depression. I have read many cases in this forum in the last two days and I have learned a great deal. If I can be of any help to anyone please e-mail me. I am at home 24/7 and I check my mail daily. I find it very sad that many of our veterans are finding out that the war at home is just as tough as the war abroad; land mines, boobie traps, misleading info is just a few of the tactic one can expect.

I am learning

• HadIt.com Elder

My appeal is for major depression, I am claiming MD as sc and tdiu. I am currently rated 80% for skin, back and both knees. I am also being treated for major depression and I was told I could claim this a sc because I was also treated for MD in service. Yes it is in my service medical file however the the doctor from my last C&P hearing denied my claim and said there is no nexus between my current depression and my depression in service. I am also receiving SSI for my physical and mental condition but I guess the C&P examiner believes you can compartmentalize depression. I have read many cases in this forum in the last two days and I have learned a great deal. If I can be of any help to anyone please e-mail me. I am at home 24/7 and I check my mail daily. I find it very sad that many of our veterans are finding out that the war at home is just as tough as the war abroad; land mines, boobie traps, misleading info is just a few of the tactic one can expect.

I see TDIU, as you must be currenctly unemployed.

Did the examiner not feel that your depression could be coming

from your present service connected disabilities?

I imagine this may be why your claims file is being sent to an

indendent doctor for their opinion.

Did you fill out and sent to your Regional office the TDIU form.

I will send you the link in case you need it.

http://www.va.gov/vaforms/form_detail.asp?FormNo=21-8940

A Big Welcome to You!

Betty

Edited by Josephine

I see TDIU, as you must be currenctly unemployed.

Did the examiner not feel that your depression could be coming

from your present service connected disabilities?

I imagine this may be why your claims file is being sent to an

indendent doctor for their opinion.

Did you fill out and sent to your Regional office the TDIU form.

I will send you the link in case you need it.

http://www.va.gov/vaforms/form_detail.asp?FormNo=21-8940

A Big Welcome to You!

Betty

According to the board, my depression rating and tdiu are intertwine. I don't know why the C&P examiner said there was no nexus but I will tell you this, everytime I have went to the VA for a claim they have denied me. Then I appeal and I have won on appeal. 0%-80%. No I take that back, the VA did give me a rating of 10% for my skin problem, and I appealed it too the board, they granted me 60% for my skin problem. The VA gave me 0% on my knees, and the board gave me 20% on both knees. The VA granted my 10% on my back and the board granted me 20%, and this is despite the C&P examiner ruling against me. The VA here has never acknowledge any of my disabilities although my PCP has always treated me very well. I don't know what to make of it but I have heard worse and so I just keep fighting.

Roland