VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Has Anyone Heard Of Topiramate

Rate this topic

Guest Vietnam Tanker

Guest Vietnam Tanker

My PCP is talking to me about this drug to replace my Gabapentin for the neuropathy in my arms and legs. He says the Gabapentin is causing to much weight gain and is no longer working well in my system. This new drug has two side effects that he says he can control, they are mild anorexia and weight loss. I am curious if anyone knows aboutthis drug or is on it?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

this is also Topomax...aka...Topastupid....aka...Dopamax. I've been on it for a few years now for migraine management. These other lovely nicknames are due to the cognitive side effects. For the first few weeks I couldn't remember how to write my own name. Still, even years later....have trouble with short-term memory issues and simple things, especially spelling...and I was always very, very good at spelling!

I did loose about 30lbs initially on it....then no more. It also caused my hands, feet and face to tingle constantly for the first several weeks and with each dosage increase.

I take 100mg twice a day.