VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ideas For Writing A Good Buddy Letter

Rate this question

hawkcrewchief

Question

Anybody have an idea what a good buddy letter should state (verbage) in order to take with me to my sleep apnea study next week? I have tracked down two of my old roommates but no one knows what to write, including my wife. Does anyone have some advice or examples?

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

date time,rank,mos, service number ,recall of events, snoring,restlessness,breathing problems,events leading up to and before incident causing the sleep apnea.you must also tell what placed this individual in your vicinity to witness,such as room mate,spouse etc.. this must be signed and certified{notary}

MUST CONTAIN "I SWEAR THE ABOVE FACTS ARE TRUE TO MY KNOWLEDGE"this must end the statement...or they will ignore

Edited by simple fly

date time,rank,mos, service number ,recall of events, snoring,restlessness,breathing problems,events leading up to and before incident causing the sleep apnea.you must also tell what placed this individual in your vicinity to witness,such as room mate,spouse etc.. this must be signed and certified{notary}

MUST CONTAIN "I SWEAR THE ABOVE FACTS ARE TRUE TO MY KNOWLEDGE"this must end the statement...or they will ignore

I do not believe it has to be notarized. Where does it state that in the regs?

• HadIt.com Elder
I also read it has to be hand written not typed on the computer, is that true?

Not true, typed is good.