New Guy From Michigan

rdnkjeeper

Hello,

The name is Bernie from Michigan. I was in the USMC in the early 90s. Have a few issues but my current one is I was rated at 20% for mid back muscle spasms. I did injure my back in the service, but no one has ever done an Mri or anything except xrays. I just had an MRI done on Dec 16th. They found 4 herniated discs (1 pushing on my spinal cord, that they want to do surgery for), 4 bulging discs, an anular tear on the last disc in my lower back, steninosis, degeneration. I am currently 40%, but I am getting to the point that it is almost unbearable to work. I did open a claim on my lower back in June to try to service connect this. Any help, pointers or anything else would be great. There is so much information here it is going to take me months to get through.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest t�e�r�r�y�s�t�u�r�g�i�s

Welcome aboard. I understand that as a new member the Hadit board can be a bit overwhelming but take as much time as you can to study it and you will get the information you need to help you with your claim. Make it your other full time job.

I am from Michigan too. Bad news is we live in a state that is number two in the nation at denying claims. Good news is I won and so can you. Evidence wins claims.

I do not know much about back conditions but other members have been through the VA process and can help you with your claim.

I live in Martin. Take care. Terry Sturgis

Hello,

The name is Bernie from Michigan. I was in the USMC in the early 90s. Have a few issues but my current one is I was rated at 20% for mid back muscle spasms. I did injure my back in the service, but no one has ever done an Mri or anything except xrays. I just had an MRI done on Dec 16th. They found 4 herniated discs (1 pushing on my spinal cord, that they want to do surgery for), 4 bulging discs, an anular tear on the last disc in my lower back, steninosis, degeneration. I am currently 40%, but I am getting to the point that it is almost unbearable to work. I did open a claim on my lower back in June to try to service connect this. Any help, pointers or anything else would be great. There is so much information here it is going to take me months to get through.

Hey Bernie:

Welcome to hadit! Rentalguy 1 has a spine repository in his signature line that has a lot of great info. I am also working on a back/spine claim that is under appeal right now. I'm rated for cervical spine, but they are giving me the run around on the thoracic/lumbar spine. I'll win, it's just a matter of time. The most important thing about spine claims is the range of motion (ROM). Pain and arthritis are good for 10%, but if you want higher, you have to prove limited ROM. Check out Rentalguy1's profile and good luck! s/Mags