VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New To Forum, Exam Upcoming On Psoriasis And Arhtritis

Rate this question

diablogun

Question

Hi all,

I'm a new guy, and I've been perusing the posts, but haven't seen much about my condition. Next Tuesday I am going to my ratings physical (is it called this?) to have my service connected disabilities rated. I have Psoriasis and associated Psoriatic arthritis, and am wondering what I can expect from the rating. I have been on immunosuppressive drugs for more than 3 years for the Psoriasis, so according to the schedule that should be 60%?

For the arthritis, I have it in my back, knees, wrists, hands, and to a lesser extent in 1 shoulder and both ankles. Does anyone have any idea if they lump these all together, as it seems to indicate under ratings code 5002? Any information offered is much appreciated, I am pretty new to this process.

Thank you in advance :-)

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

johnc515 -

Sorry for duplication; I posted this as a personal message to you as well:

I am new here, but read your post re: psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis. I've been on immunosuppressive weekly injections for several years, but have yet to hear the results of my request for increase. I call the DAV and all they can tell me is "it's still pending". How long did it take for you to get your request through the system?

Thanks for your post,

justrluk

johnc515 -

Sorry for duplication; I posted this as a personal message to you as well:

I am new here, but read your post re: psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis. I've been on immunosuppressive weekly injections for several years, but have yet to hear the results of my request for increase. I call the DAV and all they can tell me is "it's still pending". How long did it take for you to get your request through the system?

Thanks for your post,

justrluk

I would send an IRIS. For me, I elected a DRO review when they ignored my treatment with immunosuppressive therapy for 5 years for psoriasis. From the time I gave them a NOD and asked for a DRO review, it took about 10 months for them to grant my appeal completely. However, I literally sent perhaps 15 IRIS inquiries, and from the amount of times that I got confused responses, I got the impression I would have waited at least 2 years in order to get it resolved without constantly quizzing them. You also may want to ask for a reconsideration instead of the whole DRO review, as I have heard this is faster.

When I finally got the Statement of case that granted my NOD, I was impressed with the thoroughness of the response. This was in the Phoenix VARO.

Hope this helps :-)

I would send an IRIS. For me, I elected a DRO review when they ignored my treatment with immunosuppressive therapy for 5 years for psoriasis. From the time I gave them a NOD and asked for a DRO review, it took about 10 months for them to grant my appeal completely. However, I literally sent perhaps 15 IRIS inquiries, and from the amount of times that I got confused responses, I got the impression I would have waited at least 2 years in order to get it resolved without constantly quizzing them. You also may want to ask for a reconsideration instead of the whole DRO review, as I have heard this is faster.

When I finally got the Statement of case that granted my NOD, I was impressed with the thoroughness of the response. This was in the Phoenix VARO.

Hope this helps :-)

It does, and thanks again. I have used IRIS for two issues, one of which actually resulted in a personal call from the VAMC I'm treated at. Very impressive. After my mere 5 years of dealing with the VA, this issue has yet to be resolved. The DAV represents me, and I have bugged them as well; still no results. I have updated my signature so you can see I have several issues in the mill. Just gets tiresome to feel like I’m pulling teeth to get anywhere…

It does, and thanks again. I have used IRIS for two issues, one of which actually resulted in a personal call from the VAMC I'm treated at. Very impressive. After my mere 5 years of dealing with the VA, this issue has yet to be resolved. The DAV represents me, and I have bugged them as well; still no results. I have updated my signature so you can see I have several issues in the mill. Just gets tiresome to feel like I'm pulling teeth to get anywhere…

Hi,

It looks from your conditions that the psoriasis rating if done at the 60 percent would put you over the top for 100 scheduler. If you have been under constant treatment for psoriasis with an immunosuppressive drug for more than 6 months out of the last year I believe you will get the 60% rating. I would be sure if I was you to get your dermatologist to write a note that says you have been traeated for that amount of time and submit it, making sure he puts that it is for psoriasis. This really is a slam dunk, they cannot interpret it any other way. Good luck and keep me posted.

You need to make sure that you have filed a claim to service connect both psoriasis and psoratic arthritis. As far as I know they are rateable separately.

My current determination has the two broken out separately. I just received an IRIS response that they have no record of a request for reconsideration for Psoriasis. I've contacted the DAV to see what might have happened, but have a feeling the paperwork's been lost. Back to square one, I suppose....