VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

80% But I Have Champva & Education For Kids ?

Rate this question

Maggie1

Question

I have the Unemployability rating but I have all the P& T benefits. In reading some of the posts it seems as though this is possibly a mistake. I never got a letter in the whole 3 years of my IU rating saying that I was P&T. As a matter of fact. They sent out letters in December reminding me and my neighbor of our ratings. And mines still says 80% paid Unemployability. Should I mention this to them or should I ask for a letter specifically stating P&T. Because we are moving to Florida next year and I heard their P&T vets are exempt from Real estate tax. So shoud I ask for a letter saying P& T from the VA or am I already P&T at 80%? I am sooo confused but I really dont want to stir anything up at the VA. But then again I dont want to be dishonest either. Does any one know what this means for me to have CHAMP VA and Eduaction benefits for my kids and such? Please advise. Thanks.

Confused :rolleyes:

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Maggie, just call the 800-827-1000 number and tell them you need a letter from the VA to state you are Permanently & Totally disabled, that this letter will be used to obtain your property tax exemption in the state of Florida. They'll send it to you, and, no, you won't be stirrin' nothing up when you do. They do this ALL the time for various veterans and for various reasons. I took my letter from my Regional Office to the Naval Air Station, Ft. Worth, to get my commissary and exchange priveleges and also used that same letter to get my property tax exemption here in Texas.

Which, of course, reminds me, if you haven't taken your letter, yet, to the nearest military installation to get your MWR card, then, when you get your new letter that you are going to call them and get, then you need to take that letter and get your MWR card. Food and household goods are quite a bit cheaper when bought "on base" (if for no other reason than the fact that you don't pay any sales tax).

Thank you Sir,

Since my original post I have called and received the correct letter. Appreciate you.

Trust and believe you are P&T. You cannot get CHAMPA unless you are. You can get the letter from the 800#.

• HadIt.com Elder
Thank you Sir,

Since my original post I have called and received the correct letter. Appreciate you.

no problema.

name='Wings' date='Jan 3 2009, 12:50 PM' post='122475']

If you are TDIU, like I am, the VARO will not send a Letter to state you are P&T. Instead, they sent me two Letters: the first Letter states veteran is rated Totally Disabled. The second Letter states veteran is rated 70%, "permanent in nature". That's how they see it. ~Wings

I was called by the rater last week informing me of my increased rating, I am now 80% with 100% schedular. I asked about chap 35 bennies for children and was told that I was not eligible for them since I would still have exams. I read a post by you that says you get chap 35 and are TDIU. Can you tell me how you did that or if the rater is just trying to save the VA some money. Thanks

• HadIt.com Elder
name='Wings' date='Jan 3 2009, 12:50 PM' post='122475']

If you are TDIU, like I am, the VARO will not send a Letter to state you are P&T. Instead, they sent me two Letters: the first Letter states veteran is rated Totally Disabled. The second Letter states veteran is rated 70%, "permanent in nature". That's how they see it. ~Wings

I was called by the rater last week informing me of my increased rating, I am now 80% with 100% schedular. I asked about chap 35 bennies for children and was told that I was not eligible for them since I would still have exams. I read a post by you that says you get chap 35 and are TDIU. Can you tell me how you did that or if the rater is just trying to save the VA some money. Thanks

x

x

x

x

"No Future Exams". ~Wings