Re-enlistment To This Site.

blue

I have been a past member for several years. I used to use my real name back in the day however, I learned not to do that.

I am 70% tdiu P&T in my 6th year for spouse benefits . I have heard that VA has changed the rules on that from 10 years to 8 years.

A bunch of medical problems have happened to me since I was away from the site. However thru the grace of God I am around.

nuff said for now.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscription Holder

I think it is still 10 years at total for spouse to get benefits if you die of NSC condition. If you are married to the same person for at least 8 years before you die the spouse gets a few hundred dollars more.

• HadIt.com Elder

DIC is payable to the spouse of a vet rated continuously at 100% SC for ten years prior to death.

DIC can be payable also for the surviving spouse if he or she can prove that the vet should have been rated at 100% SC continuously for those ten years prior to death-regardless of the veteran's SC rating at death if the DIC claim was filed after January 2000 and the vet had a pending SC claim.

DIC is also ayable to a survivor whose veeran spouse died with established 100% SC rating if the veteran died within

5 years after his/her discharge.

There is an 8 year rule for DIC claims filed prior to May 6 2002.

Also DIC is payable for death by VA- Section 1151 deaths due to VA negligence.

Deaths of POWs also have another criteria-

If a POW received 100% VA comp for one year prior to death and the death occurred after Sept 30,1999,

the spouse is eligible for DIC.

These rules cover all deaths that are not considered willful misconduct.

38 USC 1318