VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C & P Exam Diagnosis

Rate this question

deyjason

Question

First let me give a little back ground, I have had knee pain, ankle pain, back and neck pain, and a digestive disorder for about 10 years now. I just recently filed a claim with va 3 years removed from service. I was diagnosed in the military with numerous sprained ankle and later chronic ankle pain and attended physical therapy. I was also diganosis with ITB strain of the knee. Also was chronic mechanical neck pain which I also attend physical therapy and was given a TENS unit, and finally gastoenteritis.

The va doctor for my C & P diagnosed knee tendinitis, ankle tendinitis, early degenerative disc disease of the cervical spine, and Irritable bowel syndrome. He said that all 4 conditions were at least as likely as not to be service connected.

Are these conditions compensatable? Does it look good or bad based on the diagnosis?

Thanks in adavance your your responses.

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes, they are.

You could not ask for a better C&P for all of them.

"The va doctor for my C & P diagnosed knee tendinitis, ankle tendinitis, early degenerative disc disease of the cervical spine, and Irritable bowel syndrome."

After another ongoing discussion on the hadit board today, I would advise you to file SEPERATE claims for each of the above.

You can go to the official Dept of Veterans Affairs site on the internet and file online, using what they call VONAPPS.

If you have any questions as to what to put in any of the applications, just minimize the VONAPPS on your screen and get on here and ask, we'll be glad to help you out. You can also "save" the VONAPPS application(s) and come back to it/them anytime within, like 30 days, I believe it is.

MAKE SURE AND REFERENCE YOUR CURRENT DISABILITIES WITH THE SERVICE MEDICAL RECORDS OF YOURS THAT REFER TO THESE PROBLEMS IN THE SERVICE AND MAKE SURE AND TELL THE VA, ON YOUR VONAPPS APPLICATIONS, THAT YOU HAVE HAD C&P FOR EACH OF THE APPLIED FOR DISABILITIES, WHEN YOU HAD THE C&P AND WHERE YOU HAD THE C&P................sometimes ya gotta take these folks by the hand and lead them through the day, doncha know.

• HadIt.com Elder

It sounds real good for getting SC'ed for these conditions. I think since you already had your C&P for all these conditions the best thing to do is just wait. It will probably not be long before you get decisions. The only questions will be the precentage ratings you get for each condition. When you filed your original claim did you file for all four of these conditions, or did the doctor take it on his own to say they were service connected? Either way the C&P doctor has made the case for you for SC.

• HadIt.com Elder

I must have been asleep at the wheel. Of course he has already filed his claim(s).......my bad.

• HadIt.com Elder

Larry

You are just in shock over that federal court decision about denying claims and not telling the vet. That is pretty shocking.

• HadIt.com Elder
Larry

You are just in shock over that federal court decision about denying claims and not telling the vet. That is pretty shocking.

You got that right. And, yes, I'm shocked. Just when you think that you have seen or heard some of the most ridiculous things.........ooooops, along comes our VA.

I'm so shocked that I don't even want to pet my dog........

Hers one for ya, I filed a claim for DDD as it states I had chronic back pain in my smr's. It also stated a vague kidney disease. They performed no tests except for an X-ray that showed a renal cyst which I still have. But are denying DDD of which I have no less than 4 mri's that prove this issue. But they were done after discharge The ssoc I have states that I fell off a ladder in 2005 it was of substantial significance according to the C&P examiner. The only problem is I never fell off any ladder in 2005. It was 1996 and I had a contusion. With the mri stating ddd that already existed. How do you win with logic like that? I suppose the answer is the same perfect your claim with their own handbook. And check with IRIS every 90 days for the record.