VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Visit With Primary Care

Rate this topic

I'm very sorry for your loss Liz, we all know VA Primary Care Doc's are not known for there heart, though their are good ones out there they are rare. I to approached my primary care doc for help and she might as well said if I wanted drugs for pain I came to the wrong place and went so far as to contact My private doc to stop giving meds for pain because I wanted to start getting them through the VA and went off on a tie rant you wouldn't believe. My Doc told to get lost, you don't want me to help him because you don't? and that was the end of that but I can understand you frustration and anger you were looking for someone to care and you got humiliated for your troubles...

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for your problems and your loss.

My primary is a PA a doctor's assistant. They seem to be using many of these. She is very upbeat and laughs at everything I say but I think that is her MO. I leave feeling good but then I realize none of my problems are being addressed. What I don't understand is when they assign you to a primary then they meet with you and say we will make an appointment with you in a year. But if you need anything done you have to go through you primary before you can move on to have anything done. When I was there Thursday for the psych exam I thought I would go see her afterwards because she said come back if my asthma and sinusitus wasn't any better. Since we have moved into a new clinic in November , it's like they have made things so difficult that the patients will get frustrated and go away, which I did friday. We used to go swipe our VA card be signed in and sit down. Now you stand in line for 30 minutes just to be told they have no time for you today. The prescription place is now so disorganized. They still use the lighted board when your name comes up but you wait an hour for it to come up and then get in line for another hour. I just hope they get the bugs worked out. Even the doctors and workers don't understand why they have done certain things. They put the button on the elevators about a foot off the ground with a little red light on it a quarter of an inch in diameter. They put a fire alarm button at waist level and everyone keeps pushing it. But it's not connected so nothing goes off.

Darn that was one of my resolutions not to complain so much and here I am breaking it already.

Sorry,

Cuchi

Goofy Cow

Please call your primary provider and tell them that you want to go to pain

management and that you have pain in your body as well as your mind. Do

not let them blow you off and say they will see you in a year. A lot can

happen in that year. If you have too, call the patient rep at the VA clinic and

tell them how you were treated. Take care of yourself because no one else

will.

GoofyCow

I'm very sorry for the loss of your brother. I'm also sorry for the horrible way in which your PCP treated you as there is no excuse for that. Does your VAMC have an Urgent Care clinic? If so, perhaps go there one morning (take a good book) and get seen for all of your pain issues. Demand to be seen for your physical pain and demand to be seen for your grief.