VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Trying To Go To 100% Ptsd From 70 And Iu

Rate this question

robert51

Question

Just how hard is it to get to 100% for PTSD... I have a very good batch of private doctor reports going back to 2004 each year I get a new report and across the board they say Poor.... has anyone gotten 100% PTSD? I hope not but with the problems happening maybe us with 70% IU and SSD will get shafted on the IU so I want to test the waters... I have a total of 9 years of twice a month doctor visits the last 5 with a private doc... My chances are???????????

• Answers 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

If your Psychiatrist or clinical psychologist states, you are unable to work now,and will not be able to work in the future,because of your PTSD,Va is suppose to rate you 100% PTSD.

Mobie 100% PTSD

Mobie16r, Are you meaning if you are already at 70% for ptsd or do you mean if even at 50% for ptsd? Where are you finding this imformation? What basics are you using to formulate this decision?

If your Psychiatrist or clinical psychologist states, you are unable to work now,and will not be able to work in the future,because of your PTSD,Va is suppose to rate you 100% PTSD.

Mobie 100% PTSD

Halos2,I was rated 30% PTSD and i filed a notice of disagreement and ask for a De novo Dro and seven months later i was rated 100% Ptsd TP. It don't make any different what precentage you are rated,if your psychiatrist or psychologist write a statement saying that you are unable to be gainful employable now,and in the furure,because of your post-traumatic stress disorder,you will be granted 100%,and this is base on my rating and other veterans that i personaly know that was rated 100%.

mobie

100% for PTSD is not difficult to receive for those that have the disabilities of a 100% PTSD Veteran....

Well, we would all like to believe that but since it is not accurate I do occasionally touch base with a POW vet from the Iraqi War that has 100% PTSD. It took him close to 2 years to receive 100% P+T and that is after he was hospitalized for more than 30 days on two occasions. I have been 20% for almost 38 years then reapplied using several After Action Reports I am on showing combat and how we fought along with honorable letters from co-workers and hospital doctor visits from the last 22 years. Now I am 100% P+T.

P+T along with 100% is full disability. Vets can be 100% P+T for 15 years and still get shafted. It is the 20 year mark that makes a vet really 100% P+T.

Steve

Company K, 75th Rangers,

Vietnam Dec 24,1968-Feb 1970

not at first ... first 70 and IU then i filed a NOD and got PT about 9 months later but it still said something about a review from time to time was possible

I guess anything is possible and still we must remain vigalent. PTSD is something that does not just go away. I am in a group of PTSD vets who attend a meeting once a week and now we have been attending this group meeting for more than 2 years using Psyche doctors in between.

I am quite sure that none of us need attention. We PTSD Vets just need constant help to a problem that was given to us by serving so proudly. When it comes to defending my belief in America being forever free, I would come to it's defense again and again.

If anyone has been increased from TDIU to 100% schedular and then have your rating reduced from 100%, I would suggest you keep this Court Case showing it WAS illegal for the VA to increase or change your TDIU rating. The Regulation states the reasons for changing a TDIU rating and one of those reasons is NOT to CHANGE you to 100% schedular.

http://www.ll.georgetown.edu/federal/judic...ons/97-7049.pdf

"When the RO awarded the veteran individual unemployability, 38 C.F.R. § 3.343© (1978) prohibited its

termination except upon a showing by clear and convincing evidence that the veteran had regained his ability

to be employed. When the RO in its rating decision of January 1981 amended the veteran’s award by

assigning a total schedular rating as directed in DVB Circular 21-80-7 (Sep. 9, 1980), in place of the

individual unemployability award, the RO violated § 3.343©, because it did not establish by the necessary

Collaro v. West file:///C:/data/HOOKER/fed/97opinions/97-7049.html

4 of 9 12/14/2004 9:33 AM

"clear and convincing evidence that the veteran had regained his ability to work."