VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Trying To Go To 100% Ptsd From 70 And Iu

Rate this question

robert51

Question

Just how hard is it to get to 100% for PTSD... I have a very good batch of private doctor reports going back to 2004 each year I get a new report and across the board they say Poor.... has anyone gotten 100% PTSD? I hope not but with the problems happening maybe us with 70% IU and SSD will get shafted on the IU so I want to test the waters... I have a total of 9 years of twice a month doctor visits the last 5 with a private doc... My chances are???????????

• Answers 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Well the VA sent me a letter saying.... your request for increase has no merit as you are already 70% and IU PT and you would gain nothing from this claim... so i said the reason i wanted to be 100% scheduler is the state i wanted to move to required a full 100% to have some benefits and i may in the future apply for AA ... i have 8 years of doctors 2 times a month and the last 5 years i have gotten reports that would put me close to 100% as it is so i am giving it a shot..

• HadIt.com Elder

In order to get 100% schedular you have to meet the criteria. It is not valid for the VA to deny 100% if you meet the criteria. It has nothing to do with the money or if you need benefits or not. What you need is medical evidence that meets the 100% standard.

Ummmmm, I guess I've never heard of someone actually telling the VA that they only want an increase in rating just for the benefits.

well if you think about it what reason can i give them because its true there is no increase in bennies according to them /// and to use their words i am not relly asking for an increase of any type.. only a different way of going to the same place

Edited by robert51

In order to get 100% schedular you have to meet the criteria. It is not valid for the VA to deny 100% if you meet the criteria. It has nothing to do with the money or if you need benefits or not. What you need is medical evidence that meets the 100% standard.

well what I have is every year the doctor fills ;out a form used by SSD with her to check Good Fair Poor it lists about 40 items and every year for 5 years now I have had her fill out the form and she has me listed as poor for every place but two and the two she list as fair is do I show up for our appointments ... fair.. most of the time... and is the patient lacking hygiene... fair while he is often un shaven and dressed very casual he does appear to be clean and I contribute this to his wife who often drives him to his appointments and keeps him tidy....

• HadIt.com Elder

Just as a note, its always best to leave the money, benefits (state or otherwise), and debt issues out of your claims communications with the VBA. No one on the VBA really cares about such and no laws address or instruct the VBA to consider such. The best that happen is that you get a letter stating the like as Rosbert51. The worst is that a VBA employee re-opens your claim and then your being set up with C&P exams for re-evaluation.