VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Iu

Rate this question

graham-nsa

Question

Hi, I am new to Hadit and I have a few questions for the talented folks on this site.

I have just recieved an increase in rating from 50 to 80% and now at the advice of my SVO to apply for IU. My ratings are as follows 10% Tinitus, 20% TMJ, 30% Migraine, 30% neck c6, and 40% Lumbar. giving me a combined amount of 80%. 1.What are the chances of recieving this,

2. How long does it take, 3. when and if does it become perminent.

Cheers

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
in Wyoming (FE WARREN AFB)in 1982 I cannot get realisticly get employed.... I could work and use my GI Bill but these conditions at this point prohibit me from doing so. I will go as suggested and see if my base physician will write a letter. Any other help greatly apprecited.

Good Morning graham-nsa. I worked at the Cheyenne Frontier Days Rodeo in the early 60's, before child labor laws were enforced. Don't you miss those -20 degree snowy mornings? And now you are in sunny Florida and visiting your Base doctor. Very cool. I find that nostalgic as well..

Regarding your IU,... from what you presented here,... You qualify for it. You may have to sell your soul though. ( LOL ). IU doesn't allow or support a motivated vet such as you, to search out a new profession or take a shot at the job market, without high risk financial and benefits losses for the family and you, etc. etc.

Cmdr. Bob

Edited by Commander Bob 92-93

When you claim unemployability make sure it is for the specific disabilties that render you unemployable, this also goes for which disablities put you into the criteria to qualify. Meaning if you claim IU due to one disability it must be 60%, or a combination of disabilties equaling 70%. If your 80% due to all disablties then make sure you claim all, or they can and will say only some of your conditions are causing your problems.

And your doctors statement is the key. If he states you cannot work due to xxxxxxxxxxxx disabilites you wil have a very solid chance of winning the IU. Without this your chances are slim from my experiences with the process.

Good luck

O.K will do. I have an appointment with the base doctor who I will try first, if not I will do some research to find a civy doctor who can review my file and write up the applicable letter. Unfortunately the base doctors rotate all the time so getting the same one is rather hard.

Thanks also to the commander, yes Cheyenne was bloody cold, especially flying out to missile silos

in Vietnam era Huey's in the dead of winter when roads were not passable, all brilliant though.