New From Illinois

g3607

Hello,

I am a single mother who is also a 100% disabled veteran. I work as a Medical Technologist and here is my story:

In 2004, Tennessee VA proposed that I was mentally incompetent to handle my affairs and assigned AmSouth Bank (now Regions Bank) over my disability benefits in 2005. In August 2005, AmSouth Bank began receiving my disability benefits and allotted $200 per week for me to take care of myself and son (who was 3 at this time). The bank was receiving approximately $2300 of my benefits during this time. I was a single mother putting myself through college at that time and doing my best to take care of my son.

AmSouth Bank attempted to have me legally declared mentally incompetent in Montgomery County Chancery Court in Clarksville Tennessee. The bank intentionally put the wrong address for me in their petition so that I would not be aware of what they were doing. I had to represent myself as a "pro -se" litigant until I was able to find an attorney willing to represent me. I stated in court papers that I submitted that AmSouth Bank was illegally appointed as my fiduciary. AmSouth Bank willfully withdrew their petition against me in 2006 and the case was dismissed against me.

However, AmSouth Bank continued to receive my benefits as though they had won and continued to keep their title as fiduciary over my disability benefits. And they continued to only send my family $200 per week until June 2008. Now, they receive all of my benefits and my family gets nothing.

I have been appealing Tennessee VA decision since 2004, when they first proposed the mental incompentency. I tried to have this issued resolved by going to 3 different VA psychiatrist --who just screwed me over and didn't do their jobs. I went to an outside psychiatrist and was tested according to Tennessee's State Law governing examinations for mental competency and was found to be competent in 2005. Tennessee VA refused to acknowledge this evidence and continued to allow Regions Bank to take my disability benefits that rightfully belong to my family.

My case went before the Board of Veteran Appeals and was REMANDED to another team. I am now waiting for a decision from this remand team.

Today, I am a hardworking single mother and my son is now 8 years old. Since this ordeal began, I have managed to put myself through college and get my license as a Medical Technologist. I have been put through hell by Regions Bank and thoroughly dismissed when I question their actions. I have been posting over the years on the internet about AmSouth Bank and Regions Bank. Google " AmSouth (Regions) Bank Scams Disabled Veterans" and you should see posts on "Rip-Off Reports" and "BAD Regions Bank".

Regions Bank SCAMS DISABLED VETERANS AND THEIR FAMILY out of our disability benefits. When I was in court with them, I learned that they had 250 disabled veteran benefits in 2005.

Any one know of an attorney willing to represent me, email: g3607@yahoo.com-- I am in Illinois---and NO, My Congressman and Senators didn't do crap for my family when I wrote to them.

Regina, USN

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello & Welcome to Hadit.

So sorry to hear of the nightmare mess with that bank and the VA. That is nothing short of criminal!! I have to say.....I smell kickbacks. Just my opinion mind you. With so many vets having their funds controlled by one bank, referred by the VA in your area??? Wow....just reeks of kickbacks to me.

Do you have a good record of how much money the bank has that belongs to you? Do they send you statements??