VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

70% Ptsd Being Deployed Again

Rate this question

CAVscoutIII

Question

Thats right I was told this weekend at drill I will be going back! I am combined 80% and 70% for PTSD. I'm at a loss for words. I do want to complete the last two years of my six year contract, but with everything going on, I'm just suprised. I just hope they can find something other than kickin down doors for this old Scout to do. On the good side maby this deployment they will not loose my medical record!

• Answers 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Talk to your command pronto. You should not be deployed to a combat zone again with a 70% rating for PTSD. Go see your congressman or whatever you have to do. You don't just want to go along with this. Why are you even in the Reserves with a 80% rating?

I agree, why they would deploy you is beyond me, but the good thing is that I dont think you will make it past the MOB station SRP process. The one thing I have to ask is why do you want to stay in the Army knowing you cant deploy? It is a given nowadays that people should expect to deploy. If you fight to stay in, hopefully you have a good chain of command that will give you a required FOB Job and not one thagt will make you worse.......

• HadIt.com Elder

I would go to the comapany office after not shaving, or bathing and having peed myself, maybe crying and laughing and talking about how much you suspect all non-followers of your religon. Maybe you get your orders from your dog, he tells you what to do.

If you get as far as the SRP, you can bring it up to the Dr that reviews your deployment packet. But if you don't deploy or can't deploy because of PTSD, then you need to go through an MEB.

• HadIt.com Elder
I would go to the comapany office after not shaving, or bathing and having peed myself, maybe crying and laughing and talking about how much you suspect all non-followers of your religon. Maybe you get your orders from your dog, he tells you what to do.

MikeR is giving you the best advice ever! And, bring your VA Award Letter with you too! ~Wings