VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

70% Ptsd Being Deployed Again

Rate this question

CAVscoutIII

Question

Thats right I was told this weekend at drill I will be going back! I am combined 80% and 70% for PTSD. I'm at a loss for words. I do want to complete the last two years of my six year contract, but with everything going on, I'm just suprised. I just hope they can find something other than kickin down doors for this old Scout to do. On the good side maby this deployment they will not loose my medical record!

• Answers 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I would go to the comapany office after not shaving, or bathing and having peed myself, maybe crying and laughing and talking about how much you suspect all non-followers of your religon. Maybe you get your orders from your dog, he tells you what to do.

not good advice

you want to display ptsd symptoms. talking to your dog will not do anything but get you misery. if you are going to play the ptsd trump card,get familiar with the symptoms and don't display phsycotic symptoms.

I work at a mob site and the best advice I can tell you to make sure you bring records and they will at least make you non deployable at the SRP. the thing is then you will get the rating from the Army you need but they will probably discharge you. I would not act crazy or do what the others suggested, you already won the PTSD claim, you can only make yourself seem crazy and that wont be a SC condition and might cause you to lose benifets or get UCMJ or worse.

i have to step in here and say....if you truly have PTSD you won't have to study the symptoms...trust me, they come naturally.

just be honest.

talking to dogs and soiling your pants is far fetched tho.

• HadIt.com Elder

I really did not believe you would do it, but think about this: They are probably desparate for bodies to go. I don't know, but last time I checked they were deploying folks with PTSD. At 70% PTSD you should have some serious issues, that is all I am saying. I would not do anything illegal and intentionally violate the UCMJ, all I am saying is that they should have some doubt about your stability. I guess I have been living with PTSD so long that if the Army wanted to deploy me I think I would have to make them think long and hard before they handed me a basic load. Unless you want to deploy????

Normally if you recieve VA disability pay one would offset the other and that would be the first flag. Are you profiled because if you are not that could very well be the reason. But my question is why are you still in you shoud have been giving the choice when they were explaing that your drill pay would be subtracted from you disability pay but it sounds like none of this has taken place. You should speak with someone quick or you could end up back in the sandbox without the help you require. And you dont want to end up drawing both checks because when they catch up they will want it all at once.

Good luck