VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

70% Ptsd Being Deployed Again

Rate this question

CAVscoutIII

Question

Thats right I was told this weekend at drill I will be going back! I am combined 80% and 70% for PTSD. I'm at a loss for words. I do want to complete the last two years of my six year contract, but with everything going on, I'm just suprised. I just hope they can find something other than kickin down doors for this old Scout to do. On the good side maby this deployment they will not loose my medical record!

• Answers 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I have given all the paperwork I can give to my unit and they disregard it. I have a profile, but what they are saying now is that I am going to retrain into some sort of desk job so that im not in a combat MOS anymore. As far as the PTSD symptoms someone who really has PTSD does not have to put on a show, but I take being a good soldier very seriously, so my command doesnt realize the extent of my conditions. My problems kickin when when im not in the uniform. Sometimes I think a deployment might fix everything left over from the last one. It's hard to match the pride you have when you wear the uniform, and this is my last chance ever.

• HadIt.com Elder
I have given all the paperwork I can give to my unit and they disregard it. I have a profile, but what they are saying now is that I am going to retrain into some sort of desk job so that im not in a combat MOS anymore. As far as the PTSD symptoms someone who really has PTSD does not have to put on a show, but I take being a good soldier very seriously, so my command doesnt realize the extent of my conditions. My problems kickin when when im not in the uniform. Sometimes I think a deployment might fix everything left over from the last one. It's hard to match the pride you have when you wear the uniform, and this is my last chance ever.

38 C.F.R. 4.130 General Rating Formula for Mental Disorders:

Occupational and social impairment, with deficiencies in most areas, such as work, school, family relations, judgment, thinking, or mood, due to such symptoms as: suicidal ideation; obsessional rituals which interfere with routine activities; speech intermittently illogical, obscure, or irrelevant; near-continuous panic or depression affecting the ability to function independently, appropriately and effectively; impaired impulse control (such as unprovoked irritability with periods of violence); spatial disorientation; neglect of personal appearance and hygiene; difficulty in adapting to stressful circumstances (including work or a work like setting); inability to establish and maintain effective relationships ............ 70%

If the military does find you "fit for duty", they will, in all liklihood, re-examine and re-evaluate your PTSD rating. If you can perfom your new job without problems, they'll lower your rating percentage. Don't know how many years you are away from retirement, but go ahead and deploy, knowing they will lower your rating %, but you can always aim for military retirement. Good luck!! ~Wings

Cav,

Thats what I was thinking your are rated non combat but deployable. You should really do some sole searching as wings said if you are not within six years of retirement I would think of getting out. You have 50% for the rest of you life that I would think is more than drill pay. You have that now and you would have to wait to age 60 to start recieving your retirement. A bird in hand beats two in the bush take your disabilty and run because the deployments will continue.

• HadIt.com Elder

I cannot see from a cost benefit analysis how deploying works to your advantage. The VA check is much better longterm and the Guard/reserves just want bodies now. They don't care about you, that would be a deception. If you qualify for 70% for which I have spent the last decade of my life fighting for to no avail and you give that away willingly knowing full well your messed up than Good luck. If you go and come home you are going to have the same issues(maybe new ones also) than find yourself not having the VA check and it would be pretty hard convincing the RO or the BVA that you still having issues even if they are there. I know if I was looking at the file I would be like WTF? He deployed willingly after we gave him 70% for PTSD???? I wanted to be a good soldier also, it was my life. Things change, we are not machines. They broke you, they bought you. Do not let them use you like a rag and jeopardize your future stability.