VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Next

Rate this question

Scott D

Question

I kind of got myself into a little jam. I need advice on what to do next.

I had a decision in 2005 where I was rated 0% for migraines. Information that the decision was based on was incorrect. The QTC group reporting the C&P stated incorrectly 3-4 per year instead on 3-4 per month. After an appeal the rating was increased to 10%, which I believe to be in error, an additional appeal was made that requested the whole slew of symptoms to be considered prostrating in nature and thus be rated 30%. An IMO stated that the attacks are prostrating in nature.

The decision came back denied in early 2007. I then filed a form 9 looking to take this to the BVA. After waiting awhile for information I called my VSO who stated if I had not heard anything, the process was still in the works. He confirmed this on multiple occasions.

Today I called the VA looking for a status and they state a form 9 was never filed, and the decision is now closed. I have passed the deadline for appeals.

What can be done?

I hope my information makes sense. I still do not have a complete grasp of the terms and conditions that go along with the VA appeals process.

Edited by Scott D

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Other than a CUE claim your EED is most likely gone from what you have posted. I would get all over the VSO for this not being followed up on and see if he could get it corrected.

Negative on the required signature mail. Take me as another lesson learned on why this is important.

I have to scour records at home. Im afraid that due to a move in between it may not be easy to locate the form.

Can I submit recent medical records and reopen based on new evidence?

Edited by Scott D

• HadIt.com Elder

Immediatly file a cue claim based on the VA improperly applying the regs per the Migraine criteria. 3 or more per month and prostrating is a 30 percent rating and a 50 percent rating is productive of a severe economic impairment.

This is your only route.

J

Edited by jbasser

Negative on the required signature mail. Take me as another lesson learned on why this is important.

I have to scour records at home. Im afraid that due to a move in between it may not be easy to locate the form.

Can I submit recent medical records and reopen based on new evidence?

Yes you can. If attempting to force the SO to fix this problem then your only option is to reopen. I do not see a cue since the medical report was what caused the 10 percent rating.

• HadIt.com Elder

He could say that he submitted it and that it may have been spoliated.. and he would like to use t he VA directive as means to keep his claim in open status.

I dont think they can deny it.

Scout, I am impressed.

He still can go after the original Fee Basis C&P exam. If he has a time line in the record or treatment record showing the frequency of headaches andd the exam showed a different frequency yhen the history of record wins. If the VA makes a determination based on false medical information it is still an error as long as the error causes the exact same criteria as the VA cue criteria.

An attorney may be needed but this is a winnable claim.

J