VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Alj Hearing Date Finally Set

Rate this question

ltate90

Question

MY LAWYER CALLED YESTERDAY AND SAID THAT THE HEARING OFFICE CALLED AND SET A HEARING DATE FOR MARCH 27, 2009 @ 1:30PM. I SHOULD RECEIVE THE OFFICIAL LETTER CLOSER TO THE ACTUAL HEARING DATE ( 20 DAYS ). WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW?

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

carlie, free,

i have ptsd, mdd, pad, gad, hypertension, high cholestorol, djd, osteoarthritis, herniated nucleus pulposus, gerd, sleep apnea and also use a walker for ambulation.

medication i take seroquel, zoloft, trazodone, klonopin, librium, oxycodone, naproxen, topamax, gabapentin and also my blood pressure meds.

MY LAWYER CALLED YESTERDAY AND SAID THAT THE HEARING OFFICE CALLED AND SET A HEARING DATE FOR MARCH 27, 2009 @ 1:30PM. I SHOULD RECEIVE THE OFFICIAL LETTER CLOSER TO THE ACTUAL HEARING DATE ( 20 DAYS ). WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW?

I just had one a month ago and I see you 100% with the VA and any lawyer worth his salt should coast threw this fairly easy, I really don't think you have much to worry about.. Your lawyer will more than likely go over every thing the day of the hearing to let you know how things will go and the kind of questions you can expect. Lawyers are finding they are handling them (hearings) differently these days because they (SSA) are doing more and more video hearings. I personally don't think you have much to worry about, good luck..Yog

yoggie2,

if you don't mind can you kind of describe some of the questions the judge and the voc rehab guy was throwing at you. usually how long do these hearings last? i talked with my lawyer yesterday (2/24) and he was saying that he was putting my pre hearing brief together and he wasn't sending it off until after i see my civilian pyschiatrist on the 9th of mar. but anything you can help out with the hearing process, i'll gladly take from you or anyone (experiences).

one week to my hearing in front of the alj. i saw my lawyer yesterday, he gave me copy of my pre-hearing brief and i updated him with copies of medical records and meds to turn into the hearing office. my pcp also prescribe morphine sulfate (15mg) to go with all the pain meds i'm on. if anyone can give me any advice on some questions or what really happens in the hot seat i'll like to know, thanks.