VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Medical Reimbursement

Rate this topic

Yes, you can.

And, they will provide the medical equipment.......all you need to do is talk to your VA Primary Physician and he/she just needs to write a "prescription", prescribing the use of this medical equipment.

And, if you are 100%, then you need to be receiving in-home care, if that is what you need. Communicate with the VBA (Veteran's Benefit) folks at your local VA Medical Center......they'll help you to receive these benefits......or, at least that's what they are SUPPOSED to do.

And, now that you are 100%, there should be no billing, by the VA, to your private health insurance.

By-the-way, do you have Medicare? You are obviously qualified to receive it, along with the Social Security Disability Insurance monthly payments.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, you can.

And, they will provide the medical equipment.......all you need to do is talk to your VA Primary Physician and he/she just needs to write a "prescription", prescribing the use of this medical equipment.

And, if you are 100%, then you need to be receiving in-home care, if that is what you need. Communicate with the VBA (Veteran's Benefit) folks at your local VA Medical Center......they'll help you to receive these benefits......or, at least that's what they are SUPPOSED to do.

And, now that you are 100%, there should be no billing, by the VA, to your private health insurance.

By-the-way, do you have Medicare? You are obviously qualified to receive it, along with the Social Security Disability Insurance monthly payments.

Hey Larry thanks for your reply. I will arrange an appointment at my local VA medical center. I don't qualify yet for medicare, I turn 62 in March. But I do get SSDI. And now receive VA compensation, which is great! Took my wife one year of hard work to get. I will make sure I get care for all my supplies! Thanks again

• HadIt.com Elder

If you receive SSDI, then, after two years you will be qualified to receive Medicare. They'll send you the "stuff". Don't overlook it in the mail!

I've been receiving SSDI since 2003 and Medicare since 2005 and I've just turned 63yo. I receive SSDI and Medicare for the same disability that I am receiving 100% VA for.

America is a wonderful place.

If you receive SSDI, then, after two years you will be qualified to receive Medicare. They'll send you the "stuff". Don't overlook it in the mail!

I've been receiving SSDI since 2003 and Medicare since 2005 and I've just turned 63yo. I receive SSDI and Medicare for the same disability that I am receiving 100% VA for.

America is a wonderful place.

Yes, America is wonderful...Thanks and have a good day!

• 1 year later...

Va will not pay for prescriptions at private facilities unless it is a fee basis situation. The VA will not accept prescriptions from non VA doctors.

VA doctors can write prescriptions that can be filled at outside pharmacies.

The VA will pay for emergency medical treatment of 100 percent Vets.

If the Vet has health insurance that pays, Then all bets are off.

J

J,

Saw your post and found this on another forum site and thought you may want to look into it.

§17.96 Medication prescribed by non-VA physicians.

Any prescription, which is not part of authorized Department of Veterans Affairs hospital or outpatient care, for drugs and medicines ordered by a private or non-Department of Veterans Affairs doctor of medicine or doctor of osteopathy duly licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where the prescription is written, shall be filled by a Department of Veterans Affairs pharmacy or a non-VA pharmacy in a state home under contract with VA for filling prescriptions for patients in state homes