VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Cue On Heart Rating

Rate this question

Boats

Question

Good morning all,

I have a question had Myocardial Infarction on 1/23/2003 was service connected for it due to my SC Hypertension.

Was rated at 100% for three months, then 10% on my C&P exam they based this on METS greater then 10 but they also stated that I had 50% LEF this was documented by catherazation. Being not to familiar with the VA lowball ways. I never appealed.

My question is would this be a CUE if they had the documentation of the 50% in front of them and still rated me on the METS?

Thanks

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Boats, I looked at the schedule of ratings and seems a good question. You must of been rereading your med files and schedule of ratings too! Would this be a claim for increase for earlier effective date?

Cg'up2009

Good morning all,

I have a question had Myocardial Infarction on 1/23/2003 was service connected for it due to my SC Hypertension.

Was rated at 100% for three months, then 10% on my C&P exam they based this on METS greater then 10 but they also stated that I had 50% LEF this was documented by catherazation. Being not to familiar with the VA lowball ways. I never appealed.

My question is would this be a CUE if they had the documentation of the 50% in front of them and still rated me on the METS?

Thanks

• HadIt.com Elder

Boats, what type of procedure did you have. bypass or Cath with stint to fix a blockage?

Was this cath the one that you are talking about that stated the EF at 50 percent?

If not and it was done later like during the C&P exam you do have a basis for a cue as a heart cath trumps all other exam evidence and the EF is an accurate reading instead of an estimation like they are in an echo.

If it was and the procedure worked, The EF may not be she same as it was then.

This may be a catch 22.

J

CG,

I did put in for and received a 60% rating the eed was Juuly 2006 on it last year based on a nuclear stress test I had done in July 2006 LEF was 48% on that test. Right now I am waiting on a rating from a claim I put in last January 31st, for insonmia and carotid artery stenosis. The funny thing is they was going to make me do a stress test for the carotid artery stenosis and PVC, but told them according to the CFR no Stress test with a LEf below 50%. They were not to happy so they did a echo and it shows a LEF above 50%. So pretty sure they are going to try and lower the 60%. So just getting my ducks lined up to fight them again. Just need 10% to be 100$ scheduler. So you know they are not going to let that happen....lol

Thanks for the advice

• HadIt.com Elder

Boats, how often do you see VA cardiology and Have Echos? Keep a record of those as they can also measure EF. Keep an eye on them and get all records. You still may have an increase as the regs state echocardiogram or heart cath.

Your post hit home as I am going through this mess right now.

J