VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p

Rate this question

mike/3/8/cav

Question

I got a letter a few weeks ago saying I should be getting a letter for an exam for my headaches. I had been rated at 0% for them back in sept 2008. I went to my exam on wed and they of course paid my way to Anchorage ( over $1,000). The doctor asked me how my headaches were. I was floored, they could have called me and asked me that. Anyway I said , not better and explained. He was reading something on his computer and stated "I see you have been having them since 1972". I said yup. He also said it says here that you have fallen off of tanks, I said yup, he asked if I lost consciousness, I said I could not remember and that I saw stars a few times and have ringing in my ears. He asked if I had ever been examed for the ringing, I said no and that I have dealt with it for so long that I just ignore it and most every one who talks to me. Not on purpose I just forget to hear them and respond sometimes. I don't know, but it seems strange that they paid all that money to ask about my headaches. But, since it was a legit app and we had time to talk, I explained how a person that spends 21 years on armored vehicles get to fall off of them sometimes and gets banged around alot, they also hear very loud booms and bangs and stuff, and loose teeth. Hope I did'nt hurt my cause by being too honest.

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

Sorry to hear about your headaches. Don't know what to say about that.

However, due to the ringing in your ears, if you haven't done so yet, you should submit a claim for Tinnitus.

It comes with a max rating of 10%, and is considered separately from hearing loss.

Good Luck.