VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Long Does Is Take To Get For A Deferred Decision ?

Rate this question

ssgtrick6138

Question

I was upgraded from 40% to 90% in November. I signed the paper they sent me which had to be back in less than 30 days. I am waiting for IU decision which is a give me because I meet both criteria’s for eligibility. My Question is this, Do I start from the beginning of the line or the end here. It took me 10 moths to get this increase. Is it going to take me 10 months for this or do I get put right on the front desk at the rating board?

Thanks foe the advice.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

First, nothing is a "give me" with the VBA. The application for IU is what I assume you filled out, signed and sent back to the R/O- with that the time depends on the replies from the info sent out by the R/O. Your past employers responces for the last five years and any medical records not yet reviewed by the R/O will be sought. In general, from what I seen about a five or six month wait is about average and different team process the IU claim with most being denied.

• HadIt.com Elder

With a deferred decision there is no set time limit. The VA does the claim when they get around to it. That is hell, but it is the truth. That is why you should save like a son of a gun so you can wait until they finally grant your claim without becoming homeless in the meantime. I got 70% but was denied TDIU. I had to appeal and it took about 6 months to get TDIU. Then I was denied P&T and that took another 8 months. The VA treats each issue like a separate grant or claim.