VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Med

Rate this topic

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have taken Cymbalta in the past and it worked good for me with no noticable side effects. How ever the doctor did tell me it didn't work for all people. I don't know how long you have been taking it and it could be your body needs to adjust to it. I didn't have any trouble from the beginning but all people are different. What works for one may not work for the other.

• HadIt.com Elder

Good Luck it always is a bit of a hassle to start a new med. Hope that it works for you. I have had the sleep issue most of my life. What has actually worked best for me is the CPAP that I got and when used I get fairly restful sleep. My problem is that I don't even want to go to sleep most of the time.

• HadIt.com Elder
Good Luck it always is a bit of a hassle to start a new med. Hope that it works for you. I have had the sleep issue most of my life. What has actually worked best for me is the CPAP that I got and when used I get fairly restful sleep. My problem is that I don't even want to go to sleep most of the time.

I've been on the new med for two weeks and maybe I slept a total of 40 hours since starting it. I too cannot sleep without my cpap, but lately I just lay there trying to sleep to no avail- I just can't sleep.

I have tried ambien, ambien CR,and am now on lunesta. Best one so far is lunesta. Athougth I don't sleep all night, never have, it does allow me 5 or 6hrs, that's good for me. Trazadone gave me nightmares. I have got valium also but it relaxes me does'nt put me to sleep.

• HadIt.com Elder

I think that the VA scam of prescribing old anti depressants cause the side affects cause people to sleep is a horrible disservice to Veterans. They should prescribe medications that people who have good insurance get. I will take this one step farther we should complain to Congress that they VA is using medicne not for what the VA has oked it for and Veterans deserve better.

I have used Lunestra my Medicare Doc gives me free samples from time to time. I admit it seems to work fairly well as the lights go out and than the next thing I know I am getting up.