VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Med

Rate this topic

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

I thought the same thing Rental until I saw the computer printout that said must have failed Balcofen to get it.

Aint nothing but the penny pinchers causing us pain and sleeplessness.

Ties the docs hands up real good.

J

• HadIt.com Elder
POOLGUY, You just said the Magic word. Ask your VA Doc what Medicine is the next in line if you fail Balcofen which is a Muiscle relaxer.

Either a Tizanadine or a cyclobenzaprine. ( Both have to be approved because of expense but patient must have failed balcofen. Either of those meds will make you sleep. The VA dont like to give them out for long periods of time but it will help in the short term.

J

Thanks for the info- I'll be sure to discuss these meds and my situation with my doctor.

poolguy-

if cymbalta is actually wellbutrin & prozac and you are already taking wellbutrin.....you could be getting too much wellbutrin???? idk, i'm no doc....just been around these meds for 15+ years (with zero luck).

which is why i take zero psych meds as personally for me 1) they don't work and 2) the side effects are not worth it. but that's just me....you have to do what is right for you.

• HadIt.com Elder

This is not a warning nor is it due to any one post but as laypeople we need to be careful about commenting about Meds as what may work for one may not for another. I think its fine to share your experience but opinions have to be consistent with good medical evidence.

We don't want to send someone off to doing something dumb like quit taking a medication cause it did not work for you