VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% Convalesant

Rate this question

Done wit this

Question

I figure Some-one On here had to have gone through this besides Me ..

How long Until VA pays Me the 100% rate for down Time after surgery?

Thanks

Macool

Edited by macool

• Answers 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

What kookiebean2001 put is right. UNLESS there is compelling evidence otherwise. Something that is not likely to happen, but is not out of the realm of possibility.

Benefits under paragraph 28, 29, and 30 are fairly few and far between. Like I said in a post below, I developed 2 today. They were very simple cases because the veterans were in VAMC's. One was filing for paragraph 29 and one for 30. One was an inpatient due to PTSD, and one had a total knee replacement.

I was able to get a report from both VAMC's quickly, and I sent them to the rating board. I had said earlier that I was going to send both a VCAA letter, but if I am able to see the issue in black and white from the VAMC then I can send it directly to the rater... no questions asked.

I know that a lot of you don't like us at the VA, but there are some of us that understand, and some of us that are disabled vets ourselves. We are at the mercy of the law (and the manual sometimes), but some of us do care. I AM there for the veteran no matter how much flack it gets me. I do know that some are not there for the vet (I see them everyday), but I will do for you what I can. I have had phone conversations with a couple of people on here about questions they have. Development is fairly new for me (I am used to promugating ratings), but I know my fair share.

Thanks for all you did and for all you do

• HadIt.com Elder

I know that a lot of you don't like us at the VA, but there are some of us that understand, and some of us that are disabled vets ourselves. We are at the mercy of the law (and the manual sometimes), but some of us do care. I AM there for the veteran no matter how much flack it gets me.

Good Evening Meddac, You are truly one of the few, and I want to thank you for your good work and for all the vets that you have helped. We need more allies like you. Thanks for being there.

Good to Know Some-ones on the Vets side ..Sometimes I wonder ..

Thanks for your Attitude --Meddac--

My Covalesant Thing did not happen yet ..

I hope it won't be put off because I did not let the VA doctors do it..

I had it done by A good Doctor in his prime .. whos knows me and gives a rats ass if I'm better or worse ... I don't Like The chances on getting Things done that are that Involved with the VA... I have learned that, I am just One on a list of Many with the VA ..Not taking My Chances with surgery's. I don't care what The VA thinks I did the better Thing for Me..

Every VA Rep Should Be a Veteran who went through the system with a battle..The VA would get the right People then for the Job..And when they can't get things done or they get Comfortable and don't have a good Attitude they should fire them and get someone whos does care about the Veterans. Put a quota for the month on all of them and if they can't get it done get someone who can...

alot of Veterans and there family's suffer from the Vets Admin Deficiency’s.But they don't Suffer.. Make it an even playing feild..

Edited by macool

Meddac,

I personally don't hate the people who work at the VA. Sorry if my post came out that way. I think it must be a tough job having to deal with all the red tape. I do hate the red tape!

I just have little patience for slow processes. I guess the military should have fixed that, but I work in the business world now, and we get things done, or they get rid of us.

Thanks for your insight....Eric

Meddac,

I personally don't hate the people who work at the VA. Sorry if my post came out that way. I think it must be a tough job having to deal with all the red tape. I do hate the red tape!

I just have little patience for slow processes. I guess the military should have fixed that, but I work in the business world now, and we get things done, or they get rid of us.

Thanks for your insight....Eric

Your post was fine, Eric. I take no offense at all to your words. It is tough dealing with the red tape all the time, but I just have to do it and move on.

It is a slow process....especially with all of the new claims coming in from Iraq/Afganistan veterans. If Obama does successfully put an end to the war we will be flooded. Waiting time could explode then, but we are hiring new people (in preparation, I assume). That, of course, brings a whole new set of problems (training, trainers, reviews of work prior to release, etc.)