Question On Artherittis And Nerve Dammage

oldman273

Question

Well I probally screwed up the spelling on the Artherittis but here goes. I am SC for degenarative Disc disease after hurting my back in service. I am now 20 plus years later after a discectomy on my back I now have documented by MRI nerve dammage from the civillian surgery to try and fix my back. I have artherittis in my back but the C/P examinier noted in his report that he did not think the Artherittis was a result of my injury many years prior to the exam. I need to know what is any tthing that I can do as far as a claim for the nerve dammge and artherittis? I was told that Degnerative disc disease which I am rated under covers artherittis and the fact I have 2 herinated disc and 2 bulging disc. I lok forward to any help on the matter as I am no expert on anything but pain. Have a good day......

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Well I probally screwed up the spelling on the Artherittis but here goes. I am SC for degenarative Disc disease after hurting my back in service. I am now 20 plus years later after a discectomy on my back I now have documented by MRI nerve dammage from the civillian surgery to try and fix my back. I have artherittis in my back but the C/P examinier noted in his report that he did not think the Artherittis was a result of my injury many years prior to the exam. I need to know what is any tthing that I can do as far as a claim for the nerve dammge and artherittis? I was told that Degnerative disc disease which I am rated under covers artherittis and the fact I have 2 herinated disc and 2 bulging disc. I lok forward to any help on the matter as I am no expert on anything but pain. Have a good day......

Take a look at Rentalguy1's signature line. He has a spine repository there. Not sure what you are rated at now for DDD, but if your range of motion has not changed, I don't believe they will increase you for the DDD/arthritis. Not sure on the surgery. I guess if it was being performed to correct a service connected condition, you may have a claim. Rentalguy will hopefully chime in.

• HadIt.com Elder

If the herniated discs and arthritis are in the section of your back that is already rated, then nothing will change because adding another disability in that section would be pyramiding. If it is in the opposite section of your spine, then it can be rated. The nerve damage can be rated as secondary to the DDD and the rating formula for the spine allows for this, and the C&P exam worksheet explores nerve damage issues. The best thing to do before filing these claims is to get concrete diagnoses and a nexus for each condition.