VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Stimulus Payment

Rate this question

windy city

Question

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

You know I may break even with taxes because I get taxed on my SSD. I happen to get a small annuity from the post office, and I made some investments when I was making money so I get some taxable income. Taxing my SSD is a real kick in the yarbels. I get taxed on my post office disability pension as well. I need a tax break. I did what Americans are supposed to do. I worked and invested my surplus and now my tax dollars are going to crooked banks and Wall Street gangsters. I don't make a lot of taxable income, but I pay taxes. I don't like to see it given away to a bunch of crooks. To really make it in America you have to be a thief.

• HadIt.com Elder
Got a big surprise for a lot of us. The stimulus that people got last year is being deducted from this years refund. I don know what will happen to people who got the 300 dollar one cause they do not work and pay taxes.

I did our taxes a little over a week ago and noticed this. I can't say it was a surprise, though.

• HadIt.com Elder

Hold the phone folks.

If you received a Stimulus check it is considered a credit for the 2008 tax year and you do not have to pay it back. ( Per the IRS)

You need to watch these slick tax preparers as they can manupulate you into thinkling you have to pay it back and actually are giving the money to them. Professional Fraud.

The Recovery rebate for 08 gives folks a second chance if you had a baby/ child got a social security card, or adoption of a child or children after the checks were sent out. This will give it to you now as a tax credit.

This is not a big deal.

J

I agree Jbasser,

not a big deal,

you get the money either in form of a check last summer, or now as part of your tax filing.

dont have to pay anything back, but you only get what you get per family.

My wife didnt work when we got the check, and shw works now, so we got 300 more in the end of year from it.