VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Filing A Nod

Rate this question

sunfish34

Question

My husband and I filed a NOD on his SC back, I was just wondering how long a NOD takes? We sent a Nexus letter with if from his Orthopaedic Dr, hoping that would help with it. Thank You

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

NOD's are tricky to estimate cause when you file them the VARO will review the claim again and it is possible that they will change their prior decision. From what I ahve seen posted it could take another 2 years before the claim is heard by BVA.

So to tell you how long is pretty much a guess and not much more.

My husband and I filed a NOD on his SC back, I was just wondering how long a NOD takes? We sent a Nexus letter with if from his Orthopaedic Dr, hoping that would help with it. Thank You

I am assuming you filed the NOD after the "original claim" was denied or low ball?

Thanks Rich

Yes we filed the NOD after the origional claim was low balled and another one denied, I didn't know it took so long, or that it had to go to the BVA, I was hoping with the NEXUS letter it wouldn't take years B)

• HadIt.com Elder

The NOD will usually generate a response from the VA in the form of a statement of case.

This will give you the option to chose a DRO hearing or a substantial appeal and should have a form 9 enclosed.

If they look at it hard enough and it warrants reconsideration they may fix it but that happens rarely.

I would take my chances with the DRO.

John